1/20 riders beware

Old May 29th 04, 09:14 AM
Dej

Default 1/20 riders beware

today, 2 of us were beginning the ride from the basin shops and about 500m
up the hill, an older ford falcon sped past me then clipped the guy i was
riding with, no damage done, just hit his arm with the left mirror but the
driver was doing around 60kph.

the car was an early / mid 80's ford falcon, faded silver or grey. i thought
the driver was going to stop but he just sped off

Old May 29th 04, 11:26 PM
Ray Peace

Greetings,
It's not just cyclists on the old 1 in 20 road, as you
quaintly refer to Mountain Hwy, but everywhere. You should have taken
the rego number and reported the dickhead to the police IMMEDIATELY. Let
them get away with it and next time they will kill someone. And what
will they get for that? A three year suspended sentence? `Oh, I didn't
see him' That kind of behaviour is bloody dangerous and should be
stamped out wherever possible.
Regards,
Ray.

Old May 30th 04, 01:46 AM
Peter Signorini

"Ray Peace" wrote in message
Greetings,
It's not just cyclists on the old 1 in 20 road, as you
quaintly refer to Mountain Hwy, but everywhere. You should have taken
the rego number and reported the dickhead to the police IMMEDIATELY. Let
them get away with it and next time they will kill someone. And what
will they get for that? A three year suspended sentence? `Oh, I didn't
see him' That kind of behaviour is bloody dangerous and should be
stamped out wherever possible.

Ah, remember the Don Rd at Launching Place Ray? Haven't had one as bad as
that in recnet years.

Cheers
Peter

Old May 30th 04, 11:15 PM
Ray Peace

html
head
/head
body
Good Morning Mr Sig, br
                                    I do indeed, and that was over 20 years
ago. I also remember the moron who came through traffic and ploughed me up
in Glenferrie Rd in 1995, and the dumbo who ploughed me up again on a racing
tandem in 2002. `Were you riding on the footpath?', she asked me afterwards,
when she had collected us in the middle of the road after coming through
a Stop sign. br
It seems to me that there are already sufficient dumb drivers around without
adding malice to the situation, such as the driver who tried to kill me in
Riversdale Rd last year and was subsequently `outed' on this news group.
As the old saying goes, one born every minute. br
Regards, br
                Ray. br
br
Peter Signorini wrote:br
blockquote type="cite" "
pre wrap="""Ray Peace" a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" "<ferret@jeack .com.au>/a wrote in messagebra class="moz-txt-link-freetext" "news:40B /a...br/pre
blockquote type="cite"
pre wrap=""Greetings,br It's not just cyclists on the old 1 in 20 road, as youbrquaintly refer to Mountain Hwy, but everywhere. You should have takenbrthe rego number and reported the dickhead to the police IMMEDIATELY. Letbrthem get away with it and next time they will kill someone. And whatbrwill they get for that? A three year suspended sentence? `Oh, I didn'tbrsee him' That kind of behaviour is bloody dangerous and should bebrstamped out wherever possible.br/pre
/blockquote
pre wrap=""!----brAh, remember the Don Rd at Launching Place Ray? Haven't had one as bad asbrthat in recnet years.brbrCheersbrPeterbrbrbr/pre
/blockquote
br