A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What Fuels Dutch Female Cyclists?



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 3rd 20, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kenneth Litwak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default What Fuels Dutch Female Cyclists?

I can't help wondering how Dutch female cyclists can be so successful all the time. It's practically the case that if van Vleuten is in a race, everyone might as well go home because they can't possibly win. I don't see women from any other nation dominating race after race, year after year, the way the Dutch women do. I don't have exhaustive statistics to prove my point but it seems every time I watch a race that has Dutch women in it, I can guess who will win without much effort.
Ads
  #2  
Old October 6th 20, 11:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kenneth Litwak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default What Fuels Dutch Female Cyclists?

After seeing Anna van der Breggen's huge margin of victory at the World Championship road race, I thought of Lance Armstrong and also Chris Fromme's huge lead up a climb in the Giro a few years ago (his lawyer kept him being banned for drug use). Both of those guys used drugs that enhanced their performance. Van der Breggan may just be Wonder Woman but what she did would not happen in a men's race and it was a stunning victory.


On Friday, October 2, 2020 at 8:39:20 PM UTC-7, Kenneth Litwak wrote:
I can't help wondering how Dutch female cyclists can be so successful all the time. It's practically the case that if van Vleuten is in a race, everyone might as well go home because they can't possibly win. I don't see women from any other nation dominating race after race, year after year, the way the Dutch women do. I don't have exhaustive statistics to prove my point but it seems every time I watch a race that has Dutch women in it, I can guess who will win without much effort.

  #3  
Old October 7th 20, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alan[_9_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default What Fuels Dutch Female Cyclists?

On Tue, 06 Oct 2020 15:28:34 -0700, Kenneth Litwak wrote:

After seeing Anna van der Breggen's huge margin of victory at the World
Championship road race, I thought of Lance Armstrong and also Chris
Fromme's huge lead up a climb in the Giro a few years ago (his lawyer
kept him being banned for drug use). Both of those guys used drugs that
enhanced their performance. Van der Breggan may just be Wonder Woman
but what she did would not happen in a men's race and it was a stunning
victory.


Total ********.
They dont need drugs, as they have got a quality training system in
place. Think of the SKY team 5-8 years ago, everyone was saying they must
all be doping, yet it has now been revealed some of the secrets their
Coaches knew, all about tapering for a race, and getting the training
right to peak for that forthcoming race. I read one this week, one rider
did a 4 hour training session on the bike, at a high level, after that he
had to do a 20km run. What other teams do / did that?
'Dont see it in mens races' - ever watched the tour, and a late breakaway?
It happens 4 or more times during every tour. It isnt that the leaders
are 50% better than the others, they make a small gain, increase it
slightly, then the chasing group start messing around with no focus on
catching the breakaway, so the lead gets insurmountable, hence they only
keep to their one pace, so the leaders stay away.
  #4  
Old November 24th 20, 02:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kenneth Litwak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6
Default What Fuels Dutch Female Cyclists?

So, is it training alone that has led Vos and van der Breggen own Fleche Wallone since 2007? Training alone has Dutch women winning six of the last ten UCI word championships road race? If this is training only, then all the coaches of other women's trade teams and the national team coaches should all be fired. If it's only training, why don't other nations have such stunning results? I could be wrong but the results are pretty amazing. Van der Breggen has won' Fleche Wallone more times than either Valverde or Merckx. That's remarkable. Why don't other cyclists copy the same training program?

On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 at 11:03:46 PM UTC-7, Alan wrote:
On Tue, 06 Oct 2020 15:28:34 -0700, Kenneth Litwak wrote:

After seeing Anna van der Breggen's huge margin of victory at the World
Championship road race, I thought of Lance Armstrong and also Chris
Fromme's huge lead up a climb in the Giro a few years ago (his lawyer
kept him being banned for drug use). Both of those guys used drugs that
enhanced their performance. Van der Breggan may just be Wonder Woman
but what she did would not happen in a men's race and it was a stunning
victory.

Total ********.
They dont need drugs, as they have got a quality training system in
place. Think of the SKY team 5-8 years ago, everyone was saying they must
all be doping, yet it has now been revealed some of the secrets their
Coaches knew, all about tapering for a race, and getting the training
right to peak for that forthcoming race. I read one this week, one rider
did a 4 hour training session on the bike, at a high level, after that he
had to do a 20km run. What other teams do / did that?
'Dont see it in mens races' - ever watched the tour, and a late breakaway?
It happens 4 or more times during every tour. It isnt that the leaders
are 50% better than the others, they make a small gain, increase it
slightly, then the chasing group start messing around with no focus on
catching the breakaway, so the lead gets insurmountable, hence they only
keep to their one pace, so the leaders stay away.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why Female Cyclists Aren't Getting Their Legs Over Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 10 February 6th 12 04:44 AM
Female cyclists useless. Lord Turkey Cough UK 1 April 24th 07 04:57 PM
Female Cyclists from Queensland... Tamyka Bell Australia 0 March 4th 05 01:39 AM
Female cyclists. half_pint UK 13 December 10th 04 06:04 PM
Any female cyclists out there? cityjen UK 43 July 8th 04 10:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.