Seat help please

Old April 1st 05, 11:36 PM
creeker

Default Seat help please

I have a new sun 26 inch unicycle which i can ride just fine but would
love suggestions on which seat to buy. The stock seat shape is no good
for me and smashes my errr "family jewels." Seems to me a flat seat
would be ideal, it's the upturned front of the seat that is the problem.
I tried adjusting the seat but there is not enough range of adjustment
to flatten out the seat. Anyone have an experience with this sort of
problem? Any seat reccomendations? thanks so much! David

--
creeker
creeker's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9598

Old April 2nd 05, 12:00 AM
innes

A Kris Holm Fusion works for me.

Innes

--
innes - Unicyclist
innes's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9123

Old April 2nd 05, 12:21 AM
john_childs

Tilting the nose of the saddle up actually helps. You wouldn't think
so, but it does. Tilting the nose of the saddle up gets you to sit on
the back part of the saddle and keeps you from sliding down to the
lowest part of the bottom of the "U". If you've been trying to make the
saddle flatter by lowering the nose of the saddle then you've been
adjusting it the wrong way.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (att) hotmail (dott) com

Old April 2nd 05, 01:07 PM
juggling_unicyclist_joe

i got the same problem i have ordered my kris holm seat from
www.unicycle.uk.com and it looks much more compfy than the one i have
now.

--
juggling_unicyclist_joe
juggling_unicyclist_joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9599

Old April 2nd 05, 10:18 PM
Jake D

In your profile, you are a self-described newbie. Many young riders ride
with their regular underwear, usually boxer shorts. Bad Idea. The
problem you discussed may be alleviated by wearing some sort of scrotal
support garment such as underarmour. When it comes to the family
jewels, you won't be having fun until they're having fun.

Old April 2nd 05, 10:53 PM
markf

i ride in boxer shorts unless i'm going for a long ride. with practice
you'll get used to it and your body will find a way to seat itself more
comfortably. that said, tilting the seat back works wonders. as does
riding on a seat like a KH or an air seat insead of a viscount or
something.

--
markf - movie nerd

stuck in iowa and unemployed.
markf's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8102

Old April 3rd 05, 06:59 PM
glopal

Once you get more steady you should think about adding some handle bars,
they take a bit of your weight off the seat, which relieves a lot of
pressure

--
glopal - Mike Menzies
glopal's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3872

Old April 3rd 05, 07:32 PM
BungleBanks

i've never had any problem with comfort

i never wear and flash pants, just my regular boxers and jeans or
cargo's,

what i do is literally lift the whole family jewels up as far as i can
so theyr out in front of me on the seat. sounds crazy but even after
landing hops on my muni i'v never had a bad experience!

doh! i just jinxed it!

www.woodenchipmunks.tk

its our webpage! i know only 1 page is up now but plz check it out and
let me know what u think? thers gona be sum unicycling bits up soon.

bungle

--
BungleBanks - Wooden Chipmunk!

So many people ask me "if i can ride that thing?" and i say "no i just
push it round for fun!"
BungleBanks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5830