Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS.

Old June 7th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Default Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS.

"Ken C. M." wrote in message

[newsgroups restored]

David J. Braden wrote:
Grolch wrote:

Just add them to your blocked senders list and, whaddayaknow, no troll
bait...BUT, adding the flaming trolls to the kill file doesn't reduce
the garbage if everybodies being baited.

Don't know which newsreader you are using (I could find out with mine,
properly set up, but don't care to). However, with Thunderbird, my
default reader, you can not only block the troll, but the entire ensuing
thread. I filter both for "From" and "Subject".

HTH,

Dave B

And for those that slip through, there is the "ignore thread" under the
messge tab.

Ken

[...]

New cycling jersey: $49
new cycling shorts: $39

The main character you want to filter is this Ken guy so you do not ever
have to see his freaking ads for his bicycle clothing again. After all,
jerseys for $49. and shorts for $39. are no bargain. I can get such apparel
for less than half that from Bike Nashbar and Performance.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka