Darmstadt hockey thing

Old October 31st 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beth

Default Darmstadt hockey thing

I've been thinking about going to the hockey tournament in Darmstadt
this month, and since I've just found a return flight for £30 including
taxes I think I'll definitely go, looks like there's still a few days
left to register. I was just wondering if many people are going from
the UK, and when they're flying over? I'm thinking of flying on the
morning of the 18th then back on the evening of the 19th, since
presumably there's no accommodation except on the Saturday night. So if
anyone else is flying at those times then let me know, it'd be nice to
have someone to travel with, especially as I don't speak any German.

--
Beth
Beth's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12979

Old October 31st 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joemarshall

'Loads of people are going' (http://tinyurl.com/sr77b)

I think most people aim to get there on Friday and find somewhere to
sleep over on the Friday night.

By the way, Germany is easy to get around even if you don't speak
German, loads of people speak English fluently.

Joe

--
joemarshall

my pics http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albuq44

Old October 31st 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickjb

I'm flying out early friday evening, staying in a local hotel that night
then staying on site on saturday and back sun afternoon. Steve C and
Bald Stu from Manchester are doing the same.

--
nickjb
nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074

Old October 31st 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Beth

Ah, I did search, but somehow didn't see that thread. Cool. It looks
like a really good weekend.

Old October 31st 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

I'm going (assuming I get a flight in time). Can someone who's staying
over on the friday let me know the name of the hotel you're in please?
Stu did tell me but I've forgotten.

Looking forward to it, it was a great weekend last time I went.

Paul

--
paul royle
paul royle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5572

Old October 31st 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
semach.the.monkey

I'm going. I'll be flying over with the EMUs [1] on the Friday. Don't
ask me any details of things like times, places or where we're staying
though because I didn't pay attention. I do know that I owe Roland
some money and have to get to somewhere by a certain time.

So, does this mean you'll be playing on Wednesdays as well as Thursdays
to try to get the extra practice in?

STM

[1] Yes, ok, cue the jokes about EMUs being flightless...

--
semach.the.monkey
semach.the.monkey's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12078

Old October 31st 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
roland

Beth wrote:
I've been thinking about going to the hockey tournament in Darmstadt
this month, and since I've just found a return flight for £30 including
taxes I think I'll definitely go, looks like there's still a few days
left to register. I was just wondering if many people are going from
the UK, and when they're flying over? I'm thinking of flying on the
morning of the 18th then back on the evening of the 19th, since
presumably there's no accommodation except on the Saturday night. So if
anyone else is flying at those times then let me know, it'd be nice to
have someone to travel with, especially as I don't speak any German.

You want to check with Joachim as quickly as possible as I think that
the tournament is limited to 60 places - but if you can definitely go
as it a fantastic weekend

--
roland
roland's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5937

Old November 1st 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
steve.colligan

paul royle wrote:
I'm going (assuming I get a flight in time). Can someone who's staying
over on the friday let me know the name of the hotel you're in please?
Stu did tell me but I've forgotten.

Hi Paul,

Stu, Nick & I will be staying in the Etap in Darmstadt. I'll email you
details this evening.

Steve

--
steve.colligan

Once is NEVER enough!
steve.colligan's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/292

Old November 1st 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
paul royle

Cheers Steve!

Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance UK 0 October 6th 06 05:26 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance UK 0 August 18th 06 03:46 PM
Big Bertha Thing blogs Tony Lance UK 1 March 4th 05 07:22 PM
Need a Hockey Player (Cambridge) mrlarge Unicycling 2 November 17th 03 10:29 AM
Unicycle Hockey Tournament rogeratunicycledotcom Unicycling 1 October 10th 03 05:26 PM