Mike J quoted in WSJ

Old June 11th 09, 01:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ZBicyclist

Default Mike J quoted in WSJ

The Wall Street Journal devotes half a page to Lemond's suit against
Trek, which results from the Lemond-Armstrong feud (with a
Lemond-Landis feud as a lagniappe). Mike J gets quoted:

"When the biggest publicity the sport is getting is about doping
accusations and former champions fighting current champions, it's
not a good thing," says Mike Jacoubowsky, owner of Chain Reaction
Bicycles in Northern California.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124459634335000647.html (gated)

It sounds like they compressed the quote a bit, since I don't think
Armstrong's a current champion of anything.

--
Mike Kruger
"I dream of a day when my children will live in a world without the

Old July 11th 09, 03:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:12:08 -0500, ZBicyclist wrote:

The Wall Street Journal devotes half a page to Lemond's suit against
Trek, which results from the Lemond-Armstrong feud (with a Lemond-Landis
feud as a lagniappe). Mike J gets quoted:

"When the biggest publicity the sport is getting is about doping
accusations and former champions fighting current champions, it's not a
good thing," says Mike Jacoubowsky, owner of Chain Reaction Bicycles in
Northern California.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124459634335000647.html (gated)

It sounds like they compressed the quote a bit, since I don't think
Armstrong's a current champion of anything.

He is getting damned close with only 0.2 second between him and the
yellow jersey. If he takes the tour he will set another record as the
oldest man to ever win it.
Can't beat that.
Bill Baka

OT Say Mike Burr Social Issues 2 February 26th 08 11:12 AM
request: Please typeset your comments below quoted messages. Michael Press Techniques 50 May 18th 05 02:41 PM
Mike Murray - See Blood Thinner Question Below - Mike Murray White Courtesy Phone - Calling Mike Murray, M.D. Leave It To Beaver Racing 0 April 13th 05 04:30 AM
Mike Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 March 13th 05 05:57 PM
MR Mike V. Tetsuo Shima Mountain Biking 21 June 1st 04 06:19 PM