Magpie map

Old August 30th 07, 05:00 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Default Magpie map

Following from the link cfsmtb posted, I started to setup a Google map
for killer magpie sitings.

http://tinyurl.com/ywclmm

However I logged on to another account and can see the map but can't
update it. Does anyone have any suggestions? Jules you still out there
or have you retired to the Carribean to spend the gazillion dollars from
Bikely?

Once we have them all mapped we'll send Gags out and he can kill them
with his front wheel.

DaveB
Old August 30th 07, 05:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

DaveB wrote:

However I logged on to another account and can see the map but can't
update it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Found the GoogleMaps tutorial. Will see how I go.

DaveB
Old September 11th 07, 10:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

Default Hey Patrick Turner Magpie map

Remember my story about the blighter at Toombul Road/Nudgee Road in
Brisbane, and Patrick Turner told me to toughen up. Have a look at
this on RoadGrime, Paddy!

http://tinyurl.com/3ysr2y

Donga

Old September 11th 07, 05:26 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Turner

Donga wrote:

Remember my story about the blighter at Toombul Road/Nudgee Road in
Brisbane, and Patrick Turner told me to toughen up. Have a look at
this on RoadGrime, Paddy!

http://tinyurl.com/3ysr2y

Donga

I am educated by my experience, and by reported experiences of others,
and sure, there will always be someone who
has come to much more grief than I have or anyone else I've ever known
has.

I think the unfortunate experience of the pictured cyclist is a very
rare thing.
If you expect to be attacked, and are calm about it, maybe you cope
better, and your reflexes are
quicker to brush the bird from your face rather than being stunned by
surprize and panic.

Cycling IS DANGEROUS, compared to doing many things, and maybe a bird
does score someone sometime, and maybe your'e lucky
it wasn't a car; they do much more damage.

But I have NEVER had a maggie try to get under my wrap around goggles.

Last springtime there were days when I was attacked up to eight times in
a 100km ride.

No damage.

There are real risks when you are out being physical, maybe a parachute
don't open,
maybe a tree moves over into the middle of the ski run, maybe a shark
grabs you,
and maybe you catch a nasty cold......

If it ain't one thing, its another.

Don't seem to be as many birds around this year so far.

Patrick Turner.
Old September 11th 07, 10:04 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Sep 12, 2:26 am, Patrick Turner wrote:
Donga wrote:

[...]

I believe I could recruit a good audience, if you would come up and
show us how it is done, with this particular bird.

Donga

Old September 12th 07, 02:04 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Really? Well this bit below says that you are a silly little ******.

I think the unfortunate experience of the pictured cyclist is a very
rare thing.
If you expect to be attacked, and are calm about it, maybe you cope
better, and your reflexes are quicker to brush the bird from
your face rather than being stunned by surprize and panic.

Get off your arse and start riding your bicycle and learn something.
then write about it.[1]

Cycling IS DANGEROUS, compared to doing many things,

Well stay at home and die.

[1] I'll sauce my hat if you post pictures of your anti-magpie helmet.
I'll eat it if I can see the battle scars.
Old September 12th 07, 11:19 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Turner

Default ****** Terryc broadcasts BS again, was Hey Patrick Turner Magpiemap

Terryc wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:

I am educated by my experience, and by reported experiences of others,
and sure,

Really? Well this bit below says that you are a silly little ******.

I think the unfortunate experience of the pictured cyclist is a very
rare thing.
If you expect to be attacked, and are calm about it, maybe you cope
better, and your reflexes are quicker to brush the bird from
your face rather than being stunned by surprize and panic.

Get off your arse and start riding your bicycle and learn something.
then write about it.[1]

I rode 100km today and got swooped twice, and without any dramas.
Hoons yelled at me once while doing 80k in a 60k zone.
No dramas though, and such hoons, just like Terryc, are mostly all ****
and wind

Cycling IS DANGEROUS, compared to doing many things,

Well stay at home and die.

YOU say this, not me, I merely stated a fact about cycling.

[1] I'll sauce my hat if you post pictures of your anti-magpie helmet.
I'll eat it if I can see the battle scars.

Better eat you helmet, or eat your whole bicycle.

There are no discernible marks or damage visible on one old helmet
that's done about
100,000 km, and the new one which has about 11,000 km so far.

I have never tried to make an "anti magpie helmet"

Please feel welcome to debate issues rationally, but if you insist
on BS, just **** off!

Patrick Turner.
Old September 12th 07, 12:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Patrick Turner

I believe I could recruit a good audience, if you would come up and
show us how it is done, with this particular bird.

Donga

Goodness me man, where is your OOMPH?
Have you ever played football?

I did, while at school, and often went home afterwards with bruises and
cuts.

I was well into body contact Rugby Union, where guys attack each other
at speed,
and sometimes break necks in scrums.

Many a tackler was waved aside and a try scored. Someone comes at you to
tackle you down,
so you push the ******* away. Sometimes it works, somtimes not.

Football was for me potentially 100 times more dangerous than cycling
ever could be.

You are going to tell me you cannot protect yourself from a little iddy
biddy birdie?

OK, you'd be unlucky if you lost an eye from a bird attack, but really
the chances of this happening
is quite remote, and reduced to an order of magnitude if
you wear good eyecover. Some cycling glasses are deliberately "styled"
to look mean and cool, and are plain ferkin useless. You want the more
daggy looking
wrap arounds, which close around the face more, thus keeping the air
still behind the plastic,
while keeping out the UV coming from the side direction. They look
uncool, but they ain't BS..
Cycling isn't a fashion parade, its physical business.

I got swooped twice today, while out riding 100km, no problems, as
usual.

I've been told I come from a family of wimps. But I deal firmly and
fairly with the birds.

I'll give you a tip. You are most prone to bird attack when you are
riding up a hill out of the saddle, and don't have a
spare hand to brush a bird from your face. By the time you sit down and
try to wave em away,
they have already scored a hit. So use better goggles.

But I don't bother tryna wave em anywhere.

We ARE fortunate that Wedge Tailed Eagles don't want to nest in suburbia
and swoop cyclists.
Then i would say we might have a real bother, but after about 111,000
km, I am not at all bothered by maggies.

The motorists are the real worry, not the little birdies.

Patrick Turner.
Old September 12th 07, 12:38 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

On Sep 12, 9:11 pm, Patrick Turner wrote:
[...]

Patrick, I conclude that your magpies are gay compared to ours. So are
your football players.

Donga

Old September 12th 07, 05:19 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Patrick Turner wrote:

YOU say this, not me, I merely stated a fact about cycling.

lol, you might want to look up exactly what a fact is.

[1] I'll sauce my hat if you post pictures of your anti-magpie helmet.
I'll eat it if I can see the battle scars.

Better eat you helmet, or eat your whole bicycle.

but, you are obviously illiterate.

Please feel welcome to debate issues rationally, but if you insist
on BS, just **** off!

lol, so "rationally" is writing scads of wanking.

BR61 - Magpie attack Evan Australia 30 August 23rd 05 11:18 AM
I finally beat the Magpie just us Australia 26 December 6th 04 01:16 AM
Magpie husleying Australia 14 September 20th 04 11:20 PM
Magpie season again Il Capitano Australia 12 September 13th 04 03:00 AM
Magpie! Paul J Australia 23 August 19th 03 05:35 AM