Suicide wallabies

Old September 2nd 07, 12:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Suicide wallabies

Please help me caption this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdsjWWvO3s

Ideas:

"A comparative study of the relative benefits of properly maintained
hotmix (this is why ANU are broke?) vs dodgily maintained local
council roads"

"How to approach a cattle grid with 3 warning signs to slow down.
Hint: you don't, but you need to retrieve your bidon when you come
back up."

"40km/h speed limit? Pffft, that's not legally binding".

Excuse the bike handling -- I had been riding the old GVBR clunker for
3 weeks.

I shall try it again helmet mounted rather than handlebar mounted,
with a more sturdy attachment. And then try again with handlebar
mounting with more vibration isolation (somehow). This could be fun.

--
TimC
I read [.doc files] with "rm". All you lose is the microsoft-specific
Old September 2nd 07, 12:50 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

"TimC" wrote in message
[...]

"It's not me that's on drugs, just the camera."

You should be bunny-hopping those cattle grids. Possibly the wallaby as
well, but that might take a little practice.

Old September 2nd 07, 12:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 21:30:43 +1000, TimC
wrote:

Please help me caption this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdsjWWvO3s

the related list is completely not, your tags need work?

way too distant for a suicide wallabie.
Old September 2nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-09-02, Aeek (aka Bruce)
wrote:

Please help me caption this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdsjWWvO3s

the related list is completely not, your tags need work?

Heh. I wonder howto... It's probably an AND search, and I dare say
there aren't too many downhill cycling runs from an observatory, so it
comes back with the empty list, so it shows a bunch of random videos
instead and calls them related?

way too distant for a suicide wallabie.

And the fact that he was too visible and I had the chance to see him
and slow down well before.

--
TimC
My cats are forbidden from walking on my computer keyboard on the desk
Old September 2nd 07, 01:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Aeek

On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 22:10:13 +1000, TimC
wrote:

Heh. I wonder howto... It's probably an AND search, and I dare say
there aren't too many downhill cycling runs from an observatory, so it
comes back with the empty list, so it shows a bunch of random videos
instead and calls them related?

OR. Its's matching on AAT. So its not using the tags?
Old September 2nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-09-02, Aeek (aka Bruce)
wrote:

Heh. I wonder howto... It's probably an AND search, and I dare say
there aren't too many downhill cycling runs from an observatory, so it
comes back with the empty list, so it shows a bunch of random videos
instead and calls them related?

OR. Its's matching on AAT. So its not using the tags?

I had AAT until the non match was pointed out. Obviously still using
them...

--
TimC
The stereotypical Islay is like chewing on a well-preserved rowing
Old September 2nd 07, 09:30 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Resound[_2_]

Ok so it took you a bit over 6 mins to get down. How long did the return run
take?

Old September 2nd 07, 11:58 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Resound wrote:
Ok so it took you a bit over 6 mins to get down. How long did the return run
take?

Same question here. You must get some wierd looks from your non-cycling
workmates!

My suggested caption:

"A bike ride down from Siding Spring is the perfect analogy to
radioastronomy... lots of noise with the ocassional wallaby"

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old September 3rd 07, 12:05 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

On 2007-09-02, Aeek (aka Bruce)
wrote:

Please help me caption this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bdsjWWvO3s

the related list is completely not, your tags need work?

Heh. I wonder howto... It's probably an AND search, and I dare say
there aren't too many downhill cycling runs from an observatory, so it
comes back with the empty list, so it shows a bunch of random videos
instead and calls them related?

How about something like extreme commute,or extreme cycle commute.
That's going to be a lot more relevant than what you currently get.

DaveB
Old September 3rd 07, 07:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-09-02, Resound (aka Bruce)
Ok so it took you a bit over 6 mins to get down. How long did the return run
take?

That is professionally priveleged information

In the past, it took me 15 minutes to get from the bottom to the door
of the dome (and then I guess another 2 or 3 to the top of the
mountain, but I never had a need to go that far). Let's just say it
was about 7 minutes slower than that.

I have a cold (well, and generally unfit, dammit; I wish there was a
BR(x) up here)

--
TimC
"Nature is pretty" -- CmdrTaco

another squirrel suicide KERRY MONTGOMERY Techniques 17 October 17th 06 09:38 AM
First suicide mount! welp Unicycling 20 May 4th 06 04:32 AM
First suicide mount! dorfman Unicycling 0 April 29th 06 01:25 PM
suicide mount MUNIFREAK Unicycling 16 February 20th 05 02:55 AM
Suicide man? Roger UK 18 November 9th 03 12:00 PM