Lawyer (only) fined for fatal hit-run

Old April 29th 05, 12:13 PM
Tamyka Bell

Default Lawyer (only) fined for fatal hit-run

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, cfsmtb wrote:

Rann kicks arse:

Lawyer's action that of a 'coward'
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117...8-1246,00.html

PREMIER Mike Rann said he had "nothing but contempt" for Eugene McGee ,
after the high-profile criminal lawyer walked free from court.

snip

I just sent an email to his office, thanking him for his actions so far,
and urging him to push further for justice, for the safety of cyclists all
over Australia. I think it'll help if they know that it's not just locals
that are worried, but people all over Australia.

Tam
Old April 29th 05, 12:49 PM
HughMann

Fine of $3100 ..... less than a days pay for a lawyer of hi
"position".

The more I read the more questions are un answered!

When did this "psychiatric condition" and Post Traumatic Stres
Disorder (PTSD) happen, was it a result of the Snowtown case h
prosecuted. If so what medication was he on, should he have bee
driving whilst on that medication, should he have been drinking whils
taking medication?
It appears at this distance that the "prosecution" were less tha
vigorous in following up witnesses and did very little digging. Wha
happened in the "discovery" process before the case.

Sympathy to the family of Ian Humphrey.
His partner sounds like a person who has inner peace. I know m
reaction would be rage.

Just gutted by this dismal affair. When I am less angry and mor
coherent I will send letters to all those on the list from CFSMTB.
Dont know about SA pollies but in Qld an email still just gets treate
as peripheral information. A letter gets a written response, may b
slow sometimes but it happens.

Would like to organise something here in Townsville concurrently wit
other rallies but I am new to this town and dont have many contacts.
Think that I am only poster from here too. More letters I suppose.
Senator Ian Mc Donald will start to think I am a serial nutcase as I a
pestering him often on environmental weeds and alternate energy issues.

Anyone else here from TOWNSVILLE ?

Sad

Hug

--
HughMann

Old April 29th 05, 05:16 PM
hippy

HughMann wrote:
Fine of $3100 ..... less than a days pay for a lawyer of his
"position".

The more I read the more questions are un answered!

When did this "psychiatric condition" and Post Traumatic Stress
Disorder (PTSD) happen, was it a result of the Snowtown case he
prosecuted. If so what medication was he on, should he have been
driving whilst on that medication, should he have been drinking whilst
taking medication?
It appears at this distance that the "prosecution" were less than
vigorous in following up witnesses and did very little digging. What
happened in the "discovery" process before the case.

Sympathy to the family of Ian Humphrey.
His partner sounds like a person who has inner peace. I know my
reaction would be rage.

Just gutted by this dismal affair. When I am less angry and more
coherent I will send letters to all those on the list from CFSMTB.
Dont know about SA pollies but in Qld an email still just gets treated
as peripheral information. A letter gets a written response, may be
slow sometimes but it happens.

One day.. some fscker is going to run over the husband/brother/son/etc
of a freakin' nutbag with nothing to lose. Then watch the LandRover
drivers run for cover as said nutbag heads out with an AK47 looking for
bloody vengeance..

hippy
Old April 29th 05, 05:24 PM
hippy

Absent Husband wrote:
If I was in Adelaide - what I'd REALLY like to do is ride past McGee's
house once every week or so. As I zipped past, I'd toss an old water
bottle onto his front lawn with the words MURDERER written in big nikko
pen. Wonder howmuch it would cost to post one from Brisbane...

With or without some form of explosives contained within?

I have a bidon with his name on it..

hippy
"****ed and off"
Old April 30th 05, 03:48 PM
Michael Warner

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:30:38 GMT, Skewer wrote:

My flight is booked.
See you (all?) there.

Really? Onya Skewer!

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo
Old May 2nd 05, 11:20 PM
LotteBum

One day.. some fscker is going to run over the husband/brother/son/et
of a freakin' nutbag with nothing to lose.

Like me, perhaps

Then watch the LandRover drivers run for cover as said nutbag head

out with an AK47 looking for bloody vengeance.

I think I'd want to inflict more pain, fear, terror etc. than coul
ever be inflicted by an AK47. Think "Man On Fire", but translate it t
"Woman On Fire". I'd fill their bottom with plastic explosives an
detonate is as I was walking away, having of course first been begge
and grovelled to.

I'm an angry b!tch this morning. Saw a young kid (maybe 14 or 15?
throw a piece of rubbish near the lake down the road from my place o
Saturday and thought I'd embarrass him in front of his mates. Sittin
in the car about 100m from 'the scene', I beeped the horn a few times.
He looked around

Me: "HEY!!!! Pick that up!!!
Boy: "Me?
Me: "Yes!!! YOU!!! PICK IT UP!!!

Boy picks up his rubbish and sheepishly turns and walks away..

Me: "Now go home!!!! And TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU'RE A LITTLE SH!T"

I felt pretty good after that. He looked a bit embarrassed

Lotte (don't f&ck with me today...

--
LotteBum

Old May 3rd 05, 12:11 AM
flyingdutch

LotteBum Wrote:

Me: "HEY!!!! Pick that up!!!"
Boy: "Me?"
Me: "Yes!!! YOU!!! PICK IT UP!!!"

Boy picks up his rubbish and sheepishly turns and walks away...

Me: "Now go home!!!! And TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU'RE A LITTLE SH!T".

I felt pretty good after that. He looked a bit embarrassed.

Lotte (don't f&ck with me today...)

RAFLMAO

F"and get a haircut"Dutc

--
flyingdutch

Old May 3rd 05, 02:33 AM
BrettS

flyingdutch wrote:

LotteBum Wrote:

Me: "HEY!!!! Pick that up!!!"
Boy: "Me?"
Me: "Yes!!! YOU!!! PICK IT UP!!!"

Boy picks up his rubbish and sheepishly turns and walks away...

Me: "Now go home!!!! And TELL YOUR MOTHER YOU'RE A LITTLE SH!T".

I felt pretty good after that. He looked a bit embarrassed.

Lotte (don't f&ck with me today...)

RAFLMAO

F"and get a haircut"Dutch

And pull up your pants!

--
BrettS
"...the underwear goes inside the pants, IN-side the f#@&ing pants.
Old May 3rd 05, 03:08 AM
Unregistered

Sounds like Rann has been listening:

-McGee case to dominate SA regional Parliament
The South Australian Government will today announce details about th
judicial inquiry into the handling to the Eugene McGee hit-and-ru
case.

The fallout from the case is set to dominate today's histori
parliamentary sitting in Mount Gambier in the state's south-east.

The Government's agenda today includes the naming of the judge who wil
head the judicial inquiry into the McGee case, the terms of referenc
and introducing tougher hit-and-run laws.

Last week, Mr McGee, a prominent Adelaide lawyer, escaped a jai
sentence and was fined over the death of cyclist Ian Humphrey.

Premier Mike Rann says the judge appointed will be given whateve
powers needed to investigate, including those of a commission o
inquiry.

"I would like the inquiry to start virtually immediately and obviousl
it's the availability of a top judge from another state, which i
important," he said.

Mr Rann will make the announcements in Mount Gambier's Sir Rober
Helpman Theatre during the first parliamentary sitting outside o
Adelaide in the state's history.

--
Unregistered

Old May 3rd 05, 03:31 AM
hippy

LotteBum wrote:
snip Lotterant

LMAO! Nice work!

Don't they teach today's yoof about not littering?

Bring back capital punishment!!

hippy