crazy hot rides

Old January 17th 07, 10:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
ugly verb

Default crazy hot rides

went riding yesturday in 39 degree heat. crazy? yes.
(beach rd)

i was ****ed in the earlier part of the day. i took xanax, and i was
totally out of it. i drank a cuppa to reverse the effetcs of the xanax.

i managed to stay upright and i got that endorphin rush during and after the
bike ride.

the agony and the extasy.(XTC)

saw a few other mad men on bikes.

makes me think how these whining tennis players whine.
they do it for millions, i do it for free. (+endorphins)

Old January 17th 07, 12:25 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb

So, you obviously enjoy reading the Herald Sun?

--
cfsmtb

Old January 17th 07, 01:16 PM posted to aus.bicycle
ugly verb

"cfsmtb" wrote in message

So, you obviously enjoy reading the Herald Sun?

--
cfsmtb

no , lol,

just a crazy (SEMI)roadie.
i think that you have to be mad to ride on the road with cars and trucks.
it's madness.

its madness because you risk being injured (paraplegic?)
if that happened to me, i would just kill myself.

i have had a few very close calls, including almost going over the bonnet of
a car.
no fault of my own, i am very careful. you can't trust drivers.

my 2 cents.

Old January 17th 07, 08:12 PM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

ugly verb Wrote:
went riding yesturday in 39 degree heat. crazy? yes.
(beach rd)

i was ****ed in the earlier part of the day. i took xanax, and i was
totally out of it. i drank a cuppa to reverse the effetcs of the xanax.

i managed to stay upright and i got that endorphin rush during and
after the
bike ride.

the agony and the extasy.(XTC)

saw a few other mad men on bikes.

makes me think how these whining tennis players whine.
they do it for millions, i do it for free. (+endorphins)

not meaning to be completely condescending but...

how old are you?

riding whilst coming down from the effects of alcohol and certain
prescription drugs on a really hot day is pretty stupid, regardless of
wether you are riding on the road with cars or not.

i hope you keep up your fluids.

--
asterope

Old January 17th 07, 09:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Donga

asterope wrote:
ugly verb Wrote:
[...]

I'm with Asterope on this. I just read your note on another newsgroup.
Try going to bed early, without the chemicals, so you can get up and
ride in the cooler morning. Think with a clear head. Ditch your emo
mates, unless you can persuade someone sensible that they are good for
you. Give yourself a nicer name. Take on the cycling life.

Donga

Old January 17th 07, 09:27 PM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Donga wrote:
I'm with Asterope on this. I just read your note on another newsgroup.
Try going to bed early, without the chemicals, so you can get up and
ride in the cooler morning. Think with a clear head. Ditch your emo
mates, unless you can persuade someone sensible that they are good for
you. Give yourself a nicer name. Take on the cycling life.

And get a haircut, you damned hippy!

BTH

Old January 17th 07, 11:22 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Duracell Bunny

BT Humble Wrote:
Donga wrote:
I'm with Asterope on this. I just read your note on another

newsgroup.
Try going to bed early, without the chemicals, so you can get up and
ride in the cooler morning. Think with a clear head. Ditch your emo
mates, unless you can persuade someone sensible that they are good

for
you. Give yourself a nicer name. Take on the cycling life.

And get a haircut, you damned hippy!

BTH

Ah, you've met Asterope then

DB

--
Duracell Bunny

Old January 18th 07, 02:02 AM posted to aus.bicycle
asterope

Duracell Bunny Wrote:
Ah, you've met Asterope then

DB

we all know what i think about haircuts... and combs/brushes for that
matter

Asterope (damned hippy)

--
asterope

Old January 18th 07, 02:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Default crazy hot rides and damned hippies

asterope wrote:

Duracell Bunny Wrote:
Ah, you've met Asterope then

DB

we all know what i think about haircuts... and combs/brushes for that
matter

Asterope (damned hippy)

--
asterope

Why have you damned hippy? He's a lovely chap! Even if he
has antisocial pommy tendencies coming along...

Tam
Old January 18th 07, 03:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Duracell Bunny wrote:
BT Humble Wrote:
Donga wrote:
I'm with Asterope on this. I just read your note on another

newsgroup.
Try going to bed early, without the chemicals, so you can get up and
ride in the cooler morning. Think with a clear head. Ditch your emo
mates, unless you can persuade someone sensible that they are good

for
you. Give yourself a nicer name. Take on the cycling life.

And get a haircut, you damned hippy!

Ah, you've met Asterope then

Nah, I was just following the "fatherly advice" trend that Donga
started. ;-)

BTH
(I heard that one quite a bit whilst a teenager, funny how he hasn't
complimented me on my buzz cut lately...)

I did a crazy thing... DeF Australia 7 August 2nd 06 10:08 PM
Bicycle-induced psychotropic effects, or Hey, that crazy dude really is crazy [email protected] Racing 7 February 8th 06 03:17 PM
Am I crazy like a fox, or just plain crazy? Brian Walker General 9 September 27th 05 05:54 AM
yes -- crazy speed John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 8 September 17th 05 12:33 AM
Am I crazy?? leela Australia 11 July 2nd 04 11:41 AM