Where are all the bikes for sale

Old February 1st 07, 06:13 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Robbo

Default Where are all the bikes for sale

I've googled, looked on aus.bicycle, ebay, newspapers, tried the LBS...
second hand road bikes for sale seem to be thin on the ground. Where
are they?

Old February 1st 07, 06:15 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Robbo wrote:

I've googled, looked on aus.bicycle, ebay, newspapers, tried the LBS...
second hand road bikes for sale seem to be thin on the ground. Where
are they?

N+1. Just because you get a new bike, doesn't mean you don't
still need your old bike...
Old February 1st 07, 08:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Halcyon

Robbo wrote:
I've googled, looked on aus.bicycle, ebay, newspapers, tried the LBS...
second hand road bikes for sale seem to be thin on the ground. Where
are they?

Maybe shift your tack a little Robbo and put a wanted to buy ad
somewhere local and prominent. You would be amazed at what people have
sitting around unused but don't think about selling it...until they see
an ad of someone wanting to buy.
I have had great success with this method buying equipment in another
line of work.
Halcyon
Old February 1st 07, 09:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Blue Heeler

Robbo wrote:

I've googled, looked on aus.bicycle, ebay, newspapers, tried the
LBS... second hand road bikes for sale seem to be thin on the
ground. Where are they?

I've bought two bikes from eBay in the last fortnight.

You must be either looking for something very specific, or not willing
to pay too much....

Our local lifeline sells serviceable bikes for $15, the recycling shop
at the town dump charges $6. (and yes I've bought "components" from
both, when you can walk out with a set of 700C Araya rims with a new
new 7sp cassette on one of them for less than $5 why wouldn't you :-) )

Old February 1st 07, 10:17 AM posted to aus.bicycle
SomeGuy

Robbo Wrote:
I've googled, looked on aus.bicycle, ebay, newspapers, tried the LBS...
second hand road bikes for sale seem to be thin on the ground. Where
are they?

The forums on farkin.net, fullgas.com.au and ftf.com.au all have
secondhand bikes crop up quite regulaly. Farkin is the biggest, and has
a trading system too. Otherwise there is always eBay, but you'll
generally get a better deal on the various forums. I've bought two
bikes secondhand, one from FGP (2002 Lightspeed Capella Roady with
Ultegra bits for $1400) and a Giant XTC singlespeed with low spec kit
that was going to be listed on ebay but I got it first for $600. Avoid
ebay fees and all the money you spend is going to another cyclist :-).

--
SomeGuy

Old February 2nd 07, 09:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Andrew F Martin

On Feb 1, 2:17 am, SomeGuy SomeGuy.2lb...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Robbo Wrote: I've googled, looked on aus.bicycle, ebay, newspapers, tried the LBS...
second hand road bikes for sale seem to be thin on the ground. Where
are they?

The forums on farkin.net, fullgas.com.au and ftf.com.au all have
secondhand bikes crop up quite regulaly. Farkin is the biggest, and has
a trading system too. Otherwise there is always eBay, but you'll
generally get a better deal on the various forums. I've bought two
bikes secondhand, one from FGP (2002 Lightspeed Capella Roady with
Ultegra bits for $1400) and a Giant XTC singlespeed with low spec kit
that was going to be listed on ebay but I got it first for $600. Avoid
ebay fees and all the money you spend is going to another cyclist :-).

--
SomeGuy

roadgrime.com has some good FS forums.

Cannondale Bikes for Sale Gags Australia 12 November 27th 06 05:57 AM
TT Bikes/frames for sale Dan H Marketplace 0 November 14th 06 08:59 PM
Bikes and Parts for sale again! Robin Hubert Marketplace 4 September 14th 04 09:19 PM
Bikes for sale M1_Abrams Australia 4 November 7th 03 12:36 AM
bikes for sale I GOTit Australia 2 August 22nd 03 02:58 AM