Kmart Huffy recall

Old February 2nd 07, 03:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

Default Kmart Huffy recall

Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. See
http://tinyurl.com/25mlr3 for details.

Tam
Old February 2nd 07, 04:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. See
http://tinyurl.com/25mlr3 for details.

Tam

Wouldn't they be better off issuing a statement when safe bikes have
been sold.

DaveB
Old February 2nd 07, 04:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Tamyka Bell

DaveB wrote:

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. See
http://tinyurl.com/25mlr3 for details.

Tam

Wouldn't they be better off issuing a statement when safe bikes have
been sold.

DaveB

I did a search on the recalls site and yeah, I think you're
right. The statement was actually to give a big thumbs-up to
the guy who reported though, and to everyone's "quick
response".

Tam
Old February 2nd 07, 05:03 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Tamyka Bell wrote:
DaveB wrote:
Tamyka Bell wrote:
Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. See
http://tinyurl.com/25mlr3 for details.

Tam

Wouldn't they be better off issuing a statement when safe bikes have
been sold.

DaveB

I did a search on the recalls site and yeah, I think you're
right. The statement was actually to give a big thumbs-up to
the guy who reported though, and to everyone's "quick
response".

Tam

I was more caught up by the author of the media statement than the
content... "Minister for Tourism, Fair Trading, Wine Industry
Development and Women"...

what on earth are you people voting for in Qld :-)

--
Bean

"I've got a bike
You can ride it if you like
It's got a basket
A bell that rings
And things to make it look good
I'd give it to you if I could
But I borrowed it" Pink Floyd

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old February 2nd 07, 05:10 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Theo Bekkers

Bean Long wrote:

I was more caught up by the author of the media statement than the
content... "Minister for Tourism, Fair Trading, Wine Industry
Development and Women"...

And song?

Theo

Old February 2nd 07, 05:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DeF

Default Aussie standard (was Kmart Huffy recall)

Tamyka Bell wrote:
Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. See
http://tinyurl.com/25mlr3 for details.

Tam

This reminded me of something I noticed about my spouse's
bike.

I was taking the front wheel off to put it in the car and
noticed that it doesn't have lawyer lugs on the front
drop-outs. The bike is only a year or so old (it's an
Avanti Blade Comp) and I thought that all bikes had to
have these extra bits of metal to get in the way.

DeF

--
e-mail: d.farrow@your finger.murdoch.edu.au
To reply, you'll have to remove your finger.
Old February 2nd 07, 05:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
OzCableguy

"Tamyka Bell" wrote in message
Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. See
http://tinyurl.com/25mlr3 for details.

A K-Mart bike showed up at the LBS the other day when I was there. The front
wheel wasn't turning too well, but you get that when you use the cone
locknuts instead of the wheel nuts to attach the wheel to the fork... The
fork was visibly squished to do it too. Funnier though was the owner had
actually come in because he thought the spokes on the rear wheel were too
loose and wanted them tightened up.

--
www.ozcableguy.com
www.oztechnologies.com

Old February 2nd 07, 06:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bean Long

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Bean Long wrote:

I was more caught up by the author of the media statement than the
content... "Minister for Tourism, Fair Trading, Wine Industry
Development and Women"...

And song?

Theo

Reminds me of the old Dirty Dick's jingle
"wine, women and song, why don't you come along..."

Old February 3rd 07, 05:53 AM posted to aus.bicycle
BT Humble

Theo Bekkers wrote:
Bean Long wrote:
I was more caught up by the author of the media statement than the
content... "Minister for Tourism, Fair Trading, Wine Industry
Development and Women"...

And song?

Heh! I was just thinking that myself!

Is this minister's name "Van Wilder" by any chance? ;-)

BTH

Old February 3rd 07, 06:58 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Stomper

On Feb 2, 2:50 pm, Tamyka Bell wrote:
Was just taking a few moments to browse through ministerial
statements and I found a statement about recall on Huffy
"Fashion Days" bikes sold only at Kmart. Apparently the
brakes do not comply with standards. Recall was in early Jan
(I think, and the statement was mid Jan), when I was away,
so sorry if this has already been posted. Seehttp://tinyurl.com/25mlr3for details.

Tam

Connex must be using the same brakes on the trains here in Melbourne!!

Karl aka Stomper

Huffy computers ray Australia 5 January 3rd 07 10:04 AM
huffy sportsman caroline129 Techniques 2 June 11th 05 05:25 PM
Schwinn vs Huffy PSB General 55 January 6th 05 04:36 AM
Schwinn vs Huffy PSB Techniques 75 January 6th 05 04:36 AM
Huffy in Chapter 11 Mark Janeba Techniques 14 October 24th 04 04:35 AM