He's back!!!

Old September 22nd 07, 03:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Kenny[_2_]

Default He's back!!!

If your riding up the Great Western Highway near Linden NSW, there is a
crazy magpie just near the watertank which is about 1 km west of the fruit
stall.

He chased all the way from just before the water tank to Linden railway
station and contacted 5 times.

Watch out for him.

Ken

Old September 22nd 07, 04:32 AM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_201_]

Kenny Wrote:
He chased all the way from just before the water tank to Linden railway
station and contacted 5 times.

Watch out for him.

Not that I know the area but that sounds like a magpie ready for some
action, good luck with him.

--
MikeyOz

Old September 22nd 07, 01:21 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

"Kenny" wrote in message
If your riding up the Great Western Highway near Linden NSW, there is a
crazy magpie just near the watertank which is about 1 km west of the fruit
stall.

He chased all the way from just before the water tank to Linden railway
station and contacted 5 times.

Watch out for him.

Ken

I keep a near full bidon and squirt them as they fly in for the attack, one
or two squirts are all that is needed to discourage them.

Old September 23rd 07, 08:41 AM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf[_2_]

In the absence of a magpikely.com, here's a heads up for any Sydney riders
travelling south on Anzac Parade Maroubra. The magpie is in the trees by
the road after Beauchamp St, just south of St Spyridon College. It attacked
me repeatedly, hit me hard twice on top of the helmet. I haven't got much
hair, and would have been badly gashed but for the helmet. Just one more
reason to wear a helmet I reckon.

--
beerwolf
Old September 23rd 07, 09:23 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

beerwolf wrote:
In the absence of a magpikely.com,

http://magpiemap03.googlemashups.com

Note: have found a fault with viewing the map through IE but works
through Firefox.

DaveB
Old September 23rd 07, 01:50 PM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf[_2_]

DaveB wrote:

beerwolf wrote:
In the absence of a magpikely.com,

http://magpiemap03.googlemashups.com

Okay, report sent.

--
beerwolf
Old September 24th 07, 03:56 AM posted to aus.bicycle
thefathippy

On Sep 22, 12:22 pm, "Kenny" wrote:
If your riding up the Great Western Highway near Linden NSW, there is a
crazy magpie just near the watertank which is about 1 km west of the fruit
stall.

He chased all the way from just before the water tank to Linden railway
station and contacted 5 times.

Watch out for him.

Ken

He's a bugger, isn't he? Apparently he has a well deserved reputation
as an anticyclist. Maybe he's practising for a "journo" job in the
tabloids!

First time I've actually been pecked was along there last week (chased
me from the station past the water tank), and I saw a haplesss rider
getting done over on Saturday. Bloody thing would hover just above him
and repeatedly dive into his back. Made me glad I had been wearing a
backpack!

Funny thing, I've only ever been attacked on road, never when I'm out
in the bush. Suburbia must drive birds mental as well...

Tony F
www.thefathippy.com

Old September 24th 07, 09:39 AM posted to aus.bicycle
beerwolf[_2_]

thefathippy wrote:

He's a bugger, isn't he? Apparently he has a well deserved reputation
as an anticyclist. Maybe he's practising for a "journo" job in the
tabloids!

He will never make the grade. A rabid, testosterone-crazed magpie has far
too much intelligence, integrity and common humanity to be a tabloid
journalist.

--
beerwolf
Old September 24th 07, 11:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-09-24, thefathippy (aka Bruce)
First time I've actually been pecked was along there last week (chased
me from the station past the water tank), and I saw a haplesss rider
getting done over on Saturday. Bloody thing would hover just above him
and repeatedly dive into his back. Made me glad I had been wearing a
backpack!

Funny thing, I've only ever been attacked on road, never when I'm out
in the bush. Suburbia must drive birds mental as well...

Counter example:

Blackburn Hill, west of Coonabarabran. Doesn't get much more rural.
Probably drives them bats too.

--
TimC
Stapp's (of Murphy's law fame) Law: the universal aptitude for

coming back from downtime - sore left back side - cause? Paul General 1 May 18th 07 06:45 PM
Little Boy Marty Wallace worte: Meter Maid Cop she is the Barney Five of the dept. Sergeant Tiffany Delatorre Email [email protected] conext tiem The report I got back little marty boy did not get ancord police report back THE cop THAT W Valley Biker Australia 0 September 24th 05 12:23 AM
Back to Back Epic Uni Rides aspenmike Unicycling 11 August 17th 05 05:23 AM
I'm back Martin 'MSeries' Newstead UK 9 August 14th 04 10:09 AM
When will RBR be back? Davide Tosi Racing 38 August 6th 04 10:45 PM