Worlds in Victoria - Official

Old September 26th 07, 05:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

Default Worlds in Victoria - Official

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ep07/sep26news

Great... just after I move from the country. Oh well, we might be back
by then.

Old September 26th 07, 06:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

blah wrote:
Great... just after I move from the country. Oh well, we might be back
by then.

So where are you now? Somewhere hot and sandy or have you moved on?

DaveB
Old September 26th 07, 11:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Sep 26, 8:11 am, DaveB wrote:
blah wrote:
Great... just after I move from the country. Oh well, we might be back
by then.

So where are you now? Somewhere hot and sandy or have you moved on?

DaveB

Hot sandy and bikeless. Yep, in Qatar still (five weeks, now). This
place is very nuts in a lot of ways and very easy in others. 35
degrees at the moment and it's one of the coolest days so far. Didn't
get below 30 overnight for our first few weeks. Been running at 5.30am
with my neighbour and the longest we've lasted has been 29minutes
Think crazy humid Melbourne heatwave every day. Really not too sure
about riding here - the drivers are insane and can easily kill you.
They drive in the stopping lane (where you'd be on a bike) lots and
really don't... I don't know... think much. It's like a whole country
of the worst p-plate males you can imagine.
But school's good and the people are awesome, so we're doing pretty
well. Skiing in Austria over Christmas will be cheaper now that
airfares aren't from Melbourne (booked flights this week )

Old September 26th 07, 11:44 AM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_200_]

Good to hear from ya blah... I thought you'd pulled a 'Brett' on us!
Its now been over two years since he last popped up on the radar!

--
gplama

Old September 26th 07, 12:14 PM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Sep 26, 1:44 pm, gplama gplama.2xi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Good to hear from ya blah... I thought you'd pulled a 'Brett' on us!
Its now been over two years since he last popped up on the radar!

Yeh; you out there, Brett?
I've been lurking here, but not posting 'cos, really, not riding at
all.

Old September 26th 07, 12:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

blah wrote:
On Sep 26, 1:44 pm, gplama gplama.2xi...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Good to hear from ya blah... I thought you'd pulled a 'Brett' on us!
Its now been over two years since he last popped up on the radar!

Yeh; you out there, Brett?
I've been lurking here, but not posting 'cos, really, not riding at
all.

I think even when Brett was riding he was still mostly a lurker. Only
ever saw a handful of posts from him.

DaveB
Old September 26th 07, 12:47 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_201_]

DaveB Wrote:
I think even when Brett was riding he was still mostly a lurker. Only
ever saw a handful of posts from him.

He was a man of few words and frozen hands.... The last time he was
spotted he was in fingerless gloves... on a day it was so cold that we
all got brain freeze on a downhill into Hurstbridge.

Arhh the good ol days!

--
gplama

Old September 27th 07, 06:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Sep 26, 2:47 pm, gplama gplama.2xi...@no-
DaveB Wrote:

I think even when Brett was riding he was still mostly a lurker. Only
ever saw a handful of posts from him.

He was a man of few words and frozen hands.... The last time he was
spotted he was in fingerless gloves... on a day it was so cold that we
all got brain freeze on a downhill into Hurstbridge.

Arhh the good ol days!

--
gplama

Few words? Yeh, maybe but, really, how would you know? As I recall, he
was at the back a bit and you were off the front... Did anyone
introduce you two?

Old October 3rd 07, 05:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle
snozza[_7_]

blah Wrote:
On Sep 26, 8:11 am, DaveB wrote:
blah wrote:
[...]

Get up early on Friday and Ride to Al Khor and back. it's really the
only safe road with a decent shoulder on it. you're laughing now as
Winter is on it's way.... hope it isn't as wet as last Winter was ....
have 'fun'.....

--
snozza

Old October 4th 07, 06:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
blah

On Oct 3, 7:28 am, snozza snozza.2xv...@no-
blah Wrote:

On Sep 26, 8:11 am, DaveB wrote:
blah wrote:
[...]

Well, would if my bike wasn't destroyed in the move! Guy I work with
is going out with a group occasionally - he's struggling with the fact
that your water is warm to the point of being hot after an hour or so.
So refreshing! (oh god... working at this American school has
increased my exclamation mark usage!!!)