Non-cycling but possibly of interest

Old October 2nd 07, 10:26 AM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_461_]

Default Non-cycling but possibly of interest

Haven't looked at other interstate BoM sites yet, but the Melb radar
upgrades finally have been completed. Now there's 64km, 128km, 256km
loops but also Doppler wind:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR02I.shtml

Mildly exciting in a nerdy sort of way and almost relevant for
cyclists. Needless to remind anyone that it's been farken windy here in
Melboring during the spring solstice period.

--
cfsmtb

Old October 2nd 07, 10:54 AM posted to aus.bicycle
matagi[_18_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Haven't looked at other interstate BoM sites yet, but the Melb radar
upgrades finally have been completed. Now there's 64km, 128km, 256km
loops but also Doppler wind:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR02I.shtml

Mildly exciting in a nerdy sort of way and almost relevant for
cyclists. Needless to remind anyone that it's been farken windy here in
Melboring during the spring solstice period.

If you look at the radar map of Australia on the BOM site, you will see
there are some black diamonds on the map - these are the high resolution
doppler radars. Looks like Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Yarrawonga
have them installed. What I would like to know, is why Yarrawonga?

--
matagi

Old October 2nd 07, 11:22 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Halcyon

matagi wrote:

If you look at the radar map of Australia on the BOM site, you will see
there are some black diamonds on the map - these are the high resolution
doppler radars. Looks like Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Yarrawonga
have them installed. What I would like to know, is why Yarrawonga?

Just guessing here matagi. Yarrawonga is a relatively new radar and it
covers what is probably the most important food growing area in
Australia, the Goulburn Valley.
See:
http://www.environment.gov.au/minist...mr04may04.html
The push for a radar in that part of the world came after Benalla was
flooded in a storm event that no one seemed to know was coming - 1993 I
seem to recall.
Halcyon

Old October 2nd 07, 12:24 PM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-10-02, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

Haven't looked at other interstate BoM sites yet, but the Melb radar
upgrades finally have been completed. Now there's 64km, 128km, 256km
loops but also Doppler wind:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR02I.shtml

Mildly exciting in a nerdy sort of way and almost relevant for
cyclists. Needless to remind anyone that it's been farken windy here in
Melboring during the spring solstice period.

*Fascinating*! Nice tailwind tonight, had I still been living there.

Nice rotation curve -- looks just like a galaxy. I just want to know
how that's going to be helpful to non-geeks.

--
TimC
"I won! I won! I don't have to go to school anymore."
Old October 2nd 07, 01:43 PM posted to aus.bicycle
gplama[_203_]

Awesome! FTWind!!!

--
gplama

Old October 2nd 07, 02:23 PM posted to aus.bicycle
cfsmtb[_462_]

gplama Wrote:
Awesome! FTWind!!!

Thought you would be all sick of it by now. Hang on a mo, free wind
tunnel training on virtually every open road!

--
cfsmtb

Old October 2nd 07, 04:09 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Terryc[_3_]

Halcyon wrote:

Just guessing here matagi. Yarrawonga is a relatively new radar and it
covers what is probably the most important food growing area in
Australia, the Goulburn Valley.

THE?

What do they actually grow now?

I cracked up tonight when on the ABC, orchardists claimed water should
be taken off grain growers and given to them. but that was new stuff on
the lower murray.

Actually, isn't that the place that they are going to take irrigation
water from to flush down Melbourne's toilets?

Old October 2nd 07, 09:28 PM posted to aus.bicycle
Halcyon

Terryc wrote:
Halcyon wrote:

Just guessing here matagi. Yarrawonga is a relatively new radar and it
covers what is probably the most important food growing area in
Australia, the Goulburn Valley.

THE?

What do they actually grow now?

I cracked up tonight when on the ABC, orchardists claimed water should
be taken off grain growers and given to them. but that was new stuff on
the lower murray.

Actually, isn't that the place that they are going to take irrigation
water from to flush down Melbourne's toilets?

It's complicated, but in general the orchardists in the GV can afford to
buy water, even at $1000/meg, whereas the dairy farmers cannot.
The push to send the water came from people in the GV. They need a
$billion to fix up the ageing irrigation infrastructure and Melbourne is
the only source of that money. If they had payed a realistic price for
the water over the last few decades they wouldn't need to send water to
Melb. to get money.
Halcyon
Old October 2nd 07, 10:17 PM posted to aus.bicycle
MikeyOz[_213_]

cfsmtb Wrote:
Thought you would be all sick of it by now. Hang on a mo, free wind
tunnel training on virtually every open road!

I am actually starting to get used to the wind now on my daily
ride...... feels quite strange when the wind subsides and it is fairly
calm.

--
MikeyOz

Old October 2nd 07, 11:11 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On Oct 2, 7:26 pm, cfsmtb cfsmtb.2xt...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com wrote:
Haven't looked at other interstate BoM sites yet, but the Melb radar
upgrades finally have been completed. Now there's 64km, 128km, 256km
loops but also Doppler wind:

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR02I.shtml

Mildly exciting in a nerdy sort of way and almost relevant for
cyclists. Needless to remind anyone that it's been farken windy here in
Melboring during the spring solstice period.

--
cfsmtb

the poster of "Cycling in Australia? is
cfsmtb
all on uesnet call him roadkill because
all would like to see him on the road as
roadkill - cfsmtb is a homeless
bumb http://tinyurl.com/2ojtmy
who only comes out at night and
sits in the park almost in the nude
and looks at kids - he is a chicken
who hides behind his bogus emails
and who killfiles all words because
he is a little chicken ****.

Police said cfsmtb is calling and is leaving
voice mail sex soumds with the words ****,
dick, suck, pussy, your dickhead, ****, gay,
ass, ****,you, now,ANIMAL, SEX,balls,hair
and alot of other words i don't want to post
BECAUSE I AM A CHRISTIAN.

cfsmtb who is a is a well known
netkook psychopath coward.