140mm cranks - vast improvement

Old July 16th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
idiorythmic

Default 140mm cranks - vast improvement

I had somewhat the opposite problem. I have a 26" unicycle that came
with 127mm cranks. Since I'm still in the process of learning to ride
I had been struggling with this unicycle. It seems "touchy", by which
I mean that I had trouble keeping a steady speed, I'd either be jumping
forward or slowing down too suddenly. I reasoned that at least until I
am a better rider longer cranks would even out my jerky responses.

Sure enough! I got 152mm cranks and now I not only can ride around the
block more smoothly, I can also freemount this thing, (which before was
immensely difficult).

--
idiorythmic
idiorythmic's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12653

anti cotterless unign Unicycling 12 October 2nd 05 06:49 PM
Cranks that can handle a wide range of chain rings Chris M Techniques 17 March 9th 05 03:56 AM
When do you change your cranks? joe Unicycling 7 May 10th 04 08:12 PM
Stockpiling 110mm/74mm chainrings and cranks Rocketman General 15 November 13th 03 07:32 PM
rotor cranks andy Techniques 66 November 5th 03 03:23 PM