Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

Old May 19th 17, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think
Old May 19th 17, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 19/05/17 09:48, Andre Jute wrote:
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

More
http://www.cycleworld.com/nicky-hayden-was-hit-by-car-while-training-on-his-bicycle

--
JS
Old May 19th 17, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 4:48:36 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

I have heard that one of the most dangerous places in Europe to ride a bike now is in Italy. That for some unknown reason Italians now look down on bike riders.

Yesterday I was on a four lane road and some SOB motorcyclist passed me in my lane so closely in a turn that his helmet almost hit my arm.
Old May 19th 17, 11:50 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Friday, May 19, 2017 at 2:46:14 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 4:48:36 PM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Nicky Hayden in serious condition following bicycle accident:

http://autoweek.com/article/racing/a...cycle-accident

Andre Jute
Makes you think

I have heard that one of the most dangerous places in Europe to ride a bike now is in Italy. That for some unknown reason Italians now look down on bike riders.

Italy is dangerous for motorcar drivers, never mine cyclists. -- AJ
Old May 22nd 17, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://www.bing.com/search?q=Nicky+H...SPN01&crslsl=0

an accident scene photo leaves a strong impression Niki ran the intersection
Old May 22nd 17, 09:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 12:31:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Nicky+H...SPN01&crslsl=0

an accident scene photo leaves a strong impression Niki ran the intersection

I see is some search results. And that he passed away. RIP. Where is the photo to which you refer?
Old May 23rd 17, 04:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Photos scroll down ...

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...k1.DTyT6ezXZ-4

I did not see the windshield first viewing ...windsheild and focal length down street to investigator suggest car speed not so much car position at road intersection. The car is black.
Old May 23rd 17, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sepp Ruf

Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 12:31:09 PM UTC-7, wrote:
http://www.bing.com/search?q=Nicky+H...SPN01&crslsl=0

an accident scene photo leaves a strong impression Niki ran the intersection

I see is some search results. And that he passed away. RIP.

analysis by location:

Hayden rode on Via Ca'Raffaelli
Peugeot driver, supposedly speeding, on Via Tavoleto

Same hospital, actual (tri)athlete, mangled by trucker idiot. R.I.P.:
http://www.planetatriatlon.com/muere-la-triatleta-julia-viellehner-tras-atropellada-camion-unos-dias/
Makes me wonder if we'll ever see automated driving software steer the user
off the mountain, instead, deservedly.
Old May 23rd 17, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Nicky Hayden, hit by a car while cycling in Italy, has died. RIP.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/39972058