Kegbike

Old April 7th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

Default Kegbike

http://picasaweb.google.com/altdive/...67300440590722

or

http://tinyurl.com/52dj8h

This ceremonial cycle was part of the annual Beer Bike fest at Rice
University. Attempts over the years to use an actual beer keg as the
front wheel - in one case supposedly while still full of beer - had
less than acceptable results. This compromise design permits the keg
to remain tappable after it has been ridden around the track. Brake
effectiveness is not exceptionally high with this setup.

Old April 7th 08, 01:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Apr 6, 9:31 pm, Werehatrack wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/altdive/...67300440590722

or

http://tinyurl.com/52dj8h

This ceremonial cycle was part of the annual Beer Bike fest at Rice
University. Attempts over the years to use an actual beer keg as the
front wheel - in one case supposedly while still full of beer - had
less than acceptable results. This compromise design permits the keg
to remain tappable after it has been ridden around the track. Brake
effectiveness is not exceptionally high with this setup.

The Peter Fonda helmet's a nice touch.

I've heard that the acronym in BOB Trailers was originally for Bucket
Of Beer, not Beast Of Burden.