Doddery blind as a bat scum driver gets a tongue lashing

Old January 20th 16, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Doddery blind as a bat scum driver gets a tongue lashing

QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly, should he really be driving, leaving aside doing it for a living. I'm not surprised the passengers got out and walked off, they were probably in fear of their lives.

How on earth did he not realise that he was dragging a bike along under his cab? "Oh what's that scraping noise coming from underneath my taxi? I'd better stop, not here and now just in case I've run someone over, but at some point in the next 100 metres"

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3161161.html
Old January 20th 16, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 20/01/2016 16:38, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly, should he really be driving, leaving aside doing it for a living. I'm not surprised the passengers got out and walked off, they were probably in fear of their lives.

How on earth did he not realise that he was dragging a bike along under his cab? "Oh what's that scraping noise coming from underneath my taxi? I'd better stop, not here and now just in case I've run someone over, but at some point in the next 100 metres"

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3161161.html

It is a crash, they happen quite often, just exchange insurance details
and move on, screaming and shouting just makes the cyclist look a ****,
as usual.
Old January 20th 16, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Mrcheerful wrote:
On 20/01/2016 16:38, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly, should he really be driving,
leaving aside doing it for a living. I'm not surprised the
passengers got out and walked off, they were probably in fear of
their lives. How on earth did he not realise that he was dragging a
bike along
under his cab? "Oh what's that scraping noise coming from underneath
my taxi? I'd better stop, not here and now just in case I've run
someone over, but at some point in the next 100 metres"
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3161161.html

It is a crash, they happen quite often, just exchange insurance
details and move on, screaming and shouting just makes the cyclist
look a ****, as usual.

And that just about says it all about cyclists.
Foul mouthed, low IQ violent ape.
If the driver had been a young man he would have kept his cowardly mouth
shut.

Old January 20th 16, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/01/2016 16:38, Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly, should he really be driving, leaving aside doing it for a living. I'm not surprised the passengers got out and walked off, they were probably in fear of their lives.

How on earth did he not realise that he was dragging a bike along under his cab? "Oh what's that scraping noise coming from underneath my taxi? I'd better stop, not here and now just in case I've run someone over, but at some point in the next 100 metres"

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3161161.html

Er...

You DID realise that the headlie was: "A cycle courier launched a
foul-mouthed tirade at an elderly cabbie", didn't you?

What an absolute turd that cyclist (who had obviously just thrown his
bike under the taxi) was, eh? Complete loss of self-control by a yob.

Do you, Mason, advocate the bullying of elderly people like that
cab-driver in that way?

There's no need to respond. We know the answer is "yes".
Old January 20th 16, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 20/01/2016 17:06, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:
[...]

+1.

It seems to have escaped the attention of the usual suspects that the
report was about that disgusting cyclist's behaviour. Not about anything
else.
Old January 20th 16, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tom Crispin[_5_]

On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 4:38:54 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly, should he really be driving, leaving aside doing it for a living. I'm not surprised the passengers got out and walked off, they were probably in fear of their lives.

How on earth did he not realise that he was dragging a bike along under his cab? "Oh what's that scraping noise coming from underneath my taxi? I'd better stop, not here and now just in case I've run someone over, but at some point in the next 100 metres"

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3161161.html

10/10 to the cyclist. It was an excellent rant.
Old January 20th 16, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Wednesday, 20 January 2016 17:21:01 UTC, Tom Crispin wrote:
On Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 4:38:54 PM UTC, Alycidon wrote:
QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly, should he really be driving, leaving aside doing it for a living. I'm not surprised the passengers got out and walked off, they were probably in fear of their lives.

How on earth did he not realise that he was dragging a bike along under his cab? "Oh what's that scraping noise coming from underneath my taxi? I'd better stop, not here and now just in case I've run someone over, but at some point in the next 100 metres"

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/trans...-a3161161.html

10/10 to the cyclist. It was an excellent rant.

Spot on - told the doddery old fool what an idiot he had been and with great restraint, under the circumstances, held off actually decking the moron.

Hope he gets a nice new bike out of it, as well as a full apology.

Old January 20th 16, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Alycidon wrote:
[...]

Most drivers are insured, most cyclists are not.
Yes, the scum cyclist should apologise to the driver for his shocking
behaviour.

Old January 21st 16, 08:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 20 Jan 2016 08:38:53 -0800 (PST), Alycidon wrote:

QUOTE:
"London's finest at it again.

The cabby could hardly walk properly

Relevance nil.

(I think you will find that M'Lud Lee has a walking problem. Does that make
*him* a bad driver?)

The cyclist was foul mouthed you. Typical of so many cyclists.

PS You seem to think you know the details of how the incident was caused - can
you point us to a report?
Old January 21st 16, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Smith[_7_]

Alycidon wrote:
[...]

The wording of the article is quite blatant. 'Foul-mouthed tirade' is
apparently the worst part of the entire episode, worthy of the headline. A
defenceless road user's 10kg vehicle being dragged for 100 metres under
another vehicle weighing close to 2,000 kg, is apparently 'OK'.

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'