New Site

Old April 27th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default New Site

hey guys, me and my mate tom ( we made the reverse tandem bike thingy )
have started a website, it's not too crash hot at the moment but we are
going to improve it in the next few days. have a look at it and
register!

www.mediahug.com/bikes

thanks

keep it wheel

--
iridemymuni

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in
practice, there is.
iridemymuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11900

Old April 27th 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Have you gone on any rides with Rockley and the rest of them? I used to
be a regular and I will be 'now that my custom frame is done'
(http://tinyurl.com/jhhr2). The rides are a lot of fun. It's good to
see more muni riders in Brisbane.

I love this photo - http://tinyurl.com/n28b6 . Looks like you're
having heaps of fun.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter

...well that's what i think anyway.
*'www.unicycletips.com' (http://www.unicycletips.com) | 'my photos
and videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/andrew) | '\\"dancing
about architecture\\"'
(http://www.dancingaboutarchitecture.com.au)*

Old April 27th 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

nah we've never gone on any rides with anybody. i've had my unicycle for
8 days now ( i got it off gary www.unicycles.com.au ) and am able to
ride it fairly competently in a straight line for hundreds of metres.
we are currently in the process of designing a 32m long bike. we are
attempting to break the world record for longest bicycle.

thats a sweet looking frame you've got there

Old April 27th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Wow, sounds like heaps of fun. I hope you're in for a -lot- of
practise...a 32m long bike will be -very- difficult to ride. Good
luck.

Would you like to be added to our muni ride mailing list? The rides
are really fun and really friendly.

Andrew

Old April 27th 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah that'd be great thanks. i've got a nimbus 24" and 125mm cranks. i
get the feeling these are way too short for hilly stuff. they are quite
good for commuting to and from school. I live right on the top of mt
cootha in the gap. i walk out of my driveway and every trail is
downhill.

Old April 27th 06, 08:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

When did the top of Mt Cootha move to The Gap? I live in The Gap,
just off Settlement Road near the tennis courts before the hill to
Samford. Where exactly do you live? I'm a little confused. This will
be very handy for you...we ride on Mt Cootha.

Andrew

Old April 27th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

it moved when i started living here

well if you follow settlement road along till you get to waterworks
road and keep goin through you get to pain road, turn right at pain
road and you go out to the "new estate" area. you get to the roundabout
at the end, turn left, and go up the huge hill and turn right onto
highwood road (most people know it as gap creek road). i live on the
highest point of that road. you get a nice view back over the gap. you
might have seen it, it's the house with the red roof and palm tree out
the front of the house.

Old April 27th 06, 09:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Is that the new house? I remember when that was being built. You're
very luck to live there. By the top of Mt Cootha I thought you meant
the ring road around the very top where the TV towers are. We usually
meet in carpark lower down (further along) on (what I always thought
was) Gap Creek Rd.

Wow, that's great how close we live together. Do you think you'll get
into any trials riding or just muni?

There are lots of Australians on the forums here these days.

Andrew

Old April 27th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

it got built about 2 years ago.

i may get into trials but at the moment i'm focusing on muni cause of
the convenience of my location. i'm on 10 acres up here so i'm quite
well equipped for muni. the only thing i need now is heaps more
practice

Old April 28th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Hey guys, the site now has some videos and lots more pictures on it of
us unicycling after school today. The site is only a few days old and
still in the making - if anybody has anything they could suggest to
help improve the site it would be greatly appreciated.

www.mediahug.com/bikes

thanks