My Ruination

Old January 6th 07, 07:17 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default My Ruination

Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old January 6th 07, 08:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

G.T. wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

great beer.
Old January 6th 07, 02:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

G.T. wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

FYI, Stone's Barleywine is due out in the next few weeks.

I actually prefer the standard Stone IPA to the Ruination.

Then again, the 10th Anniversary is an IPA and it's leaps and bounds
above both.

Those guys are great at outdoing themselves.

JD with Stone Oaked ******* in the fridge

Old January 7th 07, 02:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

G.T. wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

FYI, Stone's Barleywine is due out in the next few weeks.

I actually prefer the standard Stone IPA to the Ruination.

Then again, the 10th Anniversary is an IPA and it's leaps and bounds
above both.

Those guys are great at outdoing themselves.

JD with Stone Oaked ******* in the fridge

Please bring the Stone sampler case when you come to Phx.......all I've
found here is Stone Porter and I just finished a six of
Levitation........best grapefruit I've had!

Gary

Old January 7th 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Corvus Corvax

JD wrote:

I actually prefer the standard Stone IPA to the Ruination.

Having a Stone IPA as I write. Hard to find around here, but not
impossible. I agree, it's an excellent brew. But any hack can toss too
many hops in the brew kettle. Out here in New York, we have some local
stuff that's way more subtle, in particular Ommengang. And if you want
a hoppy IPA just about as good as the Stone, try Southern Tier.

And if you want the really good stuff, brew your own. My plan tomorrow
is to brew an IPA with home-grown Cascades. As I said, any hack can
toss too many hops in the brew kettle ;-).

CC

Old January 7th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

GeeDubb wrote:
"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

G.T. wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

FYI, Stone's Barleywine is due out in the next few weeks.

I actually prefer the standard Stone IPA to the Ruination.

Then again, the 10th Anniversary is an IPA and it's leaps and bounds
above both.

Those guys are great at outdoing themselves.

JD with Stone Oaked ******* in the fridge

Please bring the Stone sampler case when you come to Phx.......all I've
found here is Stone Porter and I just finished a six of
Levitation........best grapefruit I've had!

Gary

I have found a place that has almost everything they brew. Consider
yourself samplered.

JD

Old January 8th 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

G.T. wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Waking to the sound of laughter

Barleywine? Phew. Used to suck down that Foghorn stuff. Drink it and
you'll know that it's very aptly named.

/s

Old January 27th 07, 04:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Carla A-G

On Jan 6, 2:17 am, "G.T." wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

Brooklyn Brewery Monster Ale (Barleywine)...10.8%, tastes like fire in
your mouth...

www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer/?id=monster_ale

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old January 28th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Carla A-G" wrote in message
oups.com...

On Jan 6, 2:17 am, "G.T." wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

Brooklyn Brewery Monster Ale (Barleywine)...10.8%, tastes like fire in
your mouth...

www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer/?id=monster_ale

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Don't know the stats on the latest Stone barleywine but it was due out on
the 22nd. Greg, JD? Tried it yet?

Got to find a local supplier other than TJ's.....

Gary

Old January 28th 07, 03:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Jan 27, 4:19 pm, "GeeDubb" wrote:
"Carla A-G" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Jan 6, 2:17 am, "G.T." wrote:
Yes, I have found my new favorite beer:

http://www.stonebrew.com/tasting/ruination/

7.7%, 100 IBU.

One store by me usually has it making it easier to find than my other
favorite, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine Style Ale.

Greg

Brooklyn Brewery Monster Ale (Barleywine)...10.8%, tastes like fire in
your mouth...

www.brooklynbrewery.com/beer/?id=monster_ale

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!Don't know the stats on the latest Stone barleywine but it was due out on

the 22nd. Greg, JD? Tried it yet?

Got to find a local supplier other than TJ's.....

Gary- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

I haven't seen it yet, but have not been looking. Trader Joecoby's
had Mackeson Stout for $5 a six pack the other day.

JD