Vegas Bike Rental

Old January 22nd 07, 08:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

Default Vegas Bike Rental

MattB wrote:
cc wrote:
MattB wrote:

G.T. wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:

JD wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:

I'm going to be shipped out to a class in Vegas between 2/11 - 2/18.
I'll be in training from 9-5 daily, so I'm unlikely to get much of a
chance to get into the hills.

I would like to get a bike to get around town on. Nothing fancy.

Any shops to recommend? Or pawnshops to pick up a $50 beater from?

Also -- I'm flying Southwest Airlines out of Islip and I was
considering borrowing a friend's Dahon 20" folder. I know I'm not
SUPPOSED to pay a surcharge for those things, but can I get
verification? (Yes, I'll also GIT with Southwest.)

/s

I say hit the pawn shops. It'll be cheaper than a week's rental.

JD

After scanning LV's craigslist I'm thinking the same. I can lock it up
somewhere and leave the keys at specified coordinates for anyone
visiting Vegas who'd like to borrow it. Community clunker.

That's a great idea. With the dry weather it will probably last
forever, just leave it parked in the shade.

Greg

Can you get it in my size?

Matt (I usually ride an 18" or so)

This could be really great. Every borrower could add something.

And after a few years it will look like this:
http://www.designboom.com/snapshots/...ges/low/02.jpg

Matt

Might want to temper those expectations. I'd imagine it'll look more
like this:

http://www.so-money.net/brokenbike/bbpics/Set300_01.jpg

/s

Old January 24th 07, 06:08 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

On Jan 22, 3:52 pm, cc wrote:
MattB wrote:
cc wrote:
MattB wrote:

G.T. wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:

JD wrote:

Scott Gordo wrote:

[...]

Mattnot exactly what i had in mind. don't think i'd roll that.- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Eureka! Thanks for providing inspiration for the bike's name: "The
Rubber Biscuit".

/s

NYC bike rental Ron Wallenfang General 0 January 11th 05 03:39 AM
Bike Shops In Vegas Stan Lipnowski General 9 October 23rd 04 08:28 AM
Bike Shops In Vegas Stan Lipnowski Techniques 13 October 23rd 04 08:28 AM
Vegas bike rental kantspel Mountain Biking 59 November 18th 03 12:13 PM
Bike Shop in Las Vegas R.Cortes Mountain Biking 4 August 12th 03 06:36 PM