All Mtn seat?

Old January 22nd 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Lowtech

Default All Mtn seat?

Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
a nice seat.

Old January 22nd 07, 02:15 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Bill Sornson

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
for a nice seat.

Get a new WTB Speed V. HTH!

Old January 22nd 07, 03:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
a nice seat.

I like the men's seats by Terry. I have 2 diff ones, and love them
both. the Ti Race Liberator, and the Fly (I think?)

CDB

Old January 22nd 07, 10:34 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
a nice seat.Sorry but you really can't take anybodies word when it comes to seats. Reason butts are all different. You got to try a few and then buy. 6 years it is time for replacement. I do have a Bike Nashbar seat that is 10 years old and one that won't die.

Old January 22nd 07, 03:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Paladin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
a nice seat.

I like the men's seats by Terry. I have 2 diff ones, and love them
both. the Ti Race Liberator, and the Fly (I think?)

CDB

the ones with the hole in the middle? I always thought it made it easier to
pass gas with one of those........

Gary

Old January 22nd 07, 03:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

GeeDubb wrote:
"Paladin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have for
a nice seat.

I like the men's seats by Terry. I have 2 diff ones, and love them
both. the Ti Race Liberator, and the Fly (I think?)

CDB

the ones with the hole in the middle? I always thought it made it easier to
pass gas with one of those........

Gary

Yeah, but "Liberator" sounded better than "Fartaerator".

/s

Old January 22nd 07, 04:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
MattB

JD wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

Lowtech wrote:

Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
for a nice seat.

Get a new WTB Speed V. HTH!

Ditto.

JD

That's what I did when I broke my old WTB. The new one is very nice!

Matt
Old January 22nd 07, 11:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Phil, Non-Squid wrote:
Not that I would know since I haven't
ridden for fun in 6 months...

Why? And why are you no longer a squid? Did you get in trouble?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 22nd 07, 11:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Phil, Non-Squid

Lowtech wrote:
Hello group:
Im looking for a new seat for my Giant Reign 1. I currently have a
WTB Speed V. I really like it but I have had it for 6 years and now it
pops and squeaks. I called WTB and they said it is best to just get a
new seat and not put new rail in. So please post any ideas you have
for a nice seat.

Take a look at the WTB Pure V and the Power V, too... they have a bit more
anti-abrasion bits for AM riding. Not that I would know since I haven't
ridden for fun in 6 months...

--
Phil