Furniture spray.

Old June 3rd 11, 10:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Neil[_3_]

Default Furniture spray.

Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Old June 3rd 11, 02:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher[_2_]

On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:
Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Yes it does. I gather much information about it and I'm ready to buy
it. I guess it puts a protective film on it that does NOT attract
dust. I was originally sold on the idea of GT85, but someone in Amazon
said it didn't work for him.

My main priority is to keep chrome rims from rusting --and price of
course.
Old June 3rd 11, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jun 3, 6:54*am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:

Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Yes it does. I gather much information about it and I'm ready to buy
it. I guess it puts a protective film on it that does NOT attract
dust. I was originally sold on the idea of GT85, but someone in Amazon
said it didn't work for him.

My main priority is to keep chrome rims from rusting --and price of
course.

Wax your rims? Got hub brakes?
Old June 3rd 11, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On Jun 3, 2:54*pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:

Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Yes it does. I gather much information about it and I'm ready to buy
it. I guess it puts a protective film on it that does NOT attract
dust. I was originally sold on the idea of GT85, but someone in Amazon
said it didn't work for him.

My main priority is to keep chrome rims from rusting --and price of
course.

It used to be that the turpentine transferred as newsprint would be
suficient to keep the chrome on a bike shiny through the winter. Just
whenever it dulls, shine it up again with fresh newspaper. Can't say
it will do the same today.

Old June 4th 11, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:

Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Yes it does. I gather much information about it and I'm ready to buy
it. I guess it puts a protective film on it that does NOT attract
dust. I was originally sold on the idea of GT85, but someone in Amazon
said it didn't work for him.

My main priority is to keep chrome rims from rusting --and price of
course.

Wax your rims? *Got hub brakes?

I meant fenders.

Laquer them, use hairspray.
Old June 5th 11, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:

Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Yes it does. I gather much information about it and I'm ready to buy
it. I guess it puts a protective film on it that does NOT attract
dust. I was originally sold on the idea of GT85, but someone in Amazon
said it didn't work for him.

My main priority is to keep chrome rims from rusting --and price of
course.

Wax your rims? *Got hub brakes?

I meant fenders.

Laquer them, use hairspray.

Grease!

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...50-377-648.jpg
Old June 5th 11, 06:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:

Dear all,
just had a guy round fixing my windows. There was a problem with a metal
hinge. He suggested using furniture polish rather than WD40 to lubricate it
as the polish would not collect grit. How a silicate based furniture spray
work on a bike?
Thanks,
Neil

Yes it does. I gather much information about it and I'm ready to buy
it. I guess it puts a protective film on it that does NOT attract
dust. I was originally sold on the idea of GT85, but someone in Amazon
said it didn't work for him.

My main priority is to keep chrome rims from rusting --and price of
course.

Wax your rims? *Got hub brakes?

I meant fenders.

Laquer them, use hairspray.

Grease!

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...grease-the-mov...

That'd be a pomade. An emulsion with wax. Not what I was thinking
but I guess would do fine.
Old June 5th 11, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

Philosopher" wrote:
On Jun 3, 5:02*am, "Neil" wrote:

[...]

You already use hairspray in your grips, right?

Just keep on going.

Maybe Vaseline is the way to go.

Seriously, I found a comment and the guy says he's been using Lemon
Pledge for years near the ocean and no rust.

When will they take away this lethal street furniture? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 40 June 14th 10 06:52 PM
Kitchen furniture Brian Drury[_3_] UK 54 May 9th 07 10:36 PM
Street furniture, footpath furniture [email protected] UK 862 April 18th 05 12:56 PM
Vulnerable Road Furniture Just zis Guy, you know? UK 12 December 23rd 03 05:12 AM