Did my first century Friday

Old July 10th 03, 08:52 AM
Donny Harder Jr.

Default Did my first century Friday

In article ,
Jim West wrote:

Just felt compelled to post about it. We averaged 19.4 MPH while
actually riding, but 4 rest stops (due to a 100+ F heat index in
the afternoon) meant it was about 6 hours real time. I'm very pleased
with myself overall.

Congratulations!!! When's your next one?
Old July 10th 03, 09:43 PM
Rick Onanian

I'd be ecstatic with 19.4 over 20 miles, but everything's uphill both ways
around here...and I live in Rhode Island, not a mountain range or anything.
Hrmph. Must be me (out of shape, bad technique, bad choice of bike doesn't
fit properly, or any other such problem..)

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 11:35:27 GMT, Rivermist wrote:

Good job. I would be very happy with 19.4 over 100 miles.

--
Rick Onanian
Old July 11th 03, 01:11 AM
Eric

Good job! I did a 93 mile ride to my parent's house. Average speed
13.3. 1500 ft. climb in the middle really slowed me down...

Eric

Old July 11th 03, 04:59 AM
Jim West

In article , Rick Onanian wrote:
I'd be ecstatic with 19.4 over 20 miles, but everything's uphill both ways
around here...and I live in Rhode Island, not a mountain range or anything.
Hrmph. Must be me (out of shape, bad technique, bad choice of bike doesn't
fit properly, or any other such problem..)

Well, I've been riding an awful lot lately, and it was an organized ride
so I was in a big group during the first half or so. No way I could have
done anything close to that speed solo. We have some rolling hils,
but nothing major, which also obviously helps. We had done an 80 mile
tune-up on Sunday, and I thought I was going to die by the end of it.
I felt much better at the end of the century. I assume it is because of
the big group.

I do now have to ask if "peloton" is French for "We are all about to
die." ;-)

Old July 11th 03, 05:21 AM
Zoot Katz

Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:59:07 GMT,
, Jim West
wrote:

I do now have to ask if "peloton" is French for "We are all about to
die." ;-)

Actually, it's more like "rolled up in a ball".
--
zk