Songs for Indoor Training?

Old November 6th 03, 01:15 PM
FeDude

Default Songs for Indoor Training?

This must be a common question to this group, but now that it's getting
colder in the northeast US, more people would be retiring to their indoor
trainer. I find this very tough, but music helps me pass the time.

This year I want to spend a lot of time training for hills, and hence be
out-of-the-saddle even on my trainer. Any good suggestions for hill
climbing songs?

How about warm-up and cool-down songs?

Old November 6th 03, 01:38 PM
Robert Chambers

This is a little off your topic, but last night I did a roller workout for
the full duration of the movie Breaking Away. I now understand why Italians
are such good cyclists -- they have incredible music to train with. I can't
tell you what operas or symphonies are in that movie, but the music is
fantastic for all kinds of pedaling.

Bob C.

Old November 6th 03, 05:51 PM
Zoot Katz

Thu, 06 Nov 2003 13:15:44 GMT,
, "FeDude"
wrote:

This year I want to spend a lot of time training for hills, and hence be
out-of-the-saddle even on my trainer. Any good suggestions for hill
climbing songs?

Basque dance music.
--
zk
Old November 6th 03, 06:07 PM
David Reuteler

Zoot Katz wrote:
: Basque dance music.

ha! damn straight. i'm in boise, idaho where you can't swing a dead cat
without hitting a basque.
--
david reuteler

Old November 7th 03, 03:55 AM
Claire Petersky

"FeDude" wrote in message
This must be a common question to this group, but now that it's getting
colder in the northeast US, more people would be retiring to their indoor
trainer. I find this very tough, but music helps me pass the time.

This year I want to spend a lot of time training for hills, and hence be
out-of-the-saddle even on my trainer. Any good suggestions for hill
climbing songs?

Are you listening to the songs or singing them yourself? If you're doing the
singing, I recommend using the techniques described on my website
(http://home.earthlink.net/~cpetersky...onal_Music.htm) in choosing
them.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:

Books just wanna be FREE! See what I mean at:
http://bookcrossing.com/friend/Cpetersky

Old November 7th 03, 05:08 AM
Michael

FeDude wrote:

This must be a common question to this group, but now that it's getting
colder in the northeast US, more people would be retiring to their indoor
trainer. I find this very tough, but music helps me pass the time.

This year I want to spend a lot of time training for hills, and hence be
out-of-the-saddle even on my trainer. Any good suggestions for hill
climbing songs?

How about warm-up and cool-down songs?

It's an oldie, but I *really* like "Where's the Walrus?" by Alan Parsons
Project. I sliced and diced this one into 8+ minutes, copied to
cassette for the car, and converted to MPG for biking. "Lucifer", also
by Parsons and also an oldie, became entry #1 on my personal "Autobahn
Muzik" list away back in the 80's.
Old November 7th 03, 07:22 AM
Zoot Katz

06 Nov 2003 18:07:29 GMT,
,
David Reuteler wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:
: Basque dance music.

ha! damn straight. i'm in boise, idaho where you can't swing a dead cat
without hitting a basque.

I've heard of weird by-laws before, but that one takes the cake.
--
zk
Old November 7th 03, 08:45 PM
Phil

"FeDude" wrote in message .. .
This must be a common question to this group, but now that it's getting
colder in the northeast US, more people would be retiring to their indoor
trainer. I find this very tough, but music helps me pass the time.

This year I want to spend a lot of time training for hills, and hence be
out-of-the-saddle even on my trainer. Any good suggestions for hill
climbing songs?

How about warm-up and cool-down songs?

The Rocky soundtrack works well. Most of it, anyway. Once in a while.
Old November 7th 03, 09:19 PM
David Reuteler

Zoot Katz wrote:
: I've heard of weird by-laws before, but that one takes the cake.

they don't seem to have many laws here in idaho .. so they try and make the
ones they do have interesting.

for instance title 49-720 is a real trip. in idaho cyclists don't technically
have to stop for stop signs. merely slow down and yield. bicyclists are
allowed by law to treat stop signs as yield signs. same for right turn on
red (you don't have to stop). you do have to stop for stop-lights but
there was a court case and some hub-bub over it (the statesman, the local
paper had said it was ok to treat them as yield signs). you can ride two-
abreast (sanely) and on the interstates (which i like).

but there appears to have been a critical mass to assert the right to ride on
downtown sidewalks.

here's the bit:

Attention!!!

There will be a City Council Meeting on Oct 6th at 7:30pm to discuss
banning bikes from downtown sidewalks. On September 29 at 7:30pm, the
city council discusses expanding the current dismount zone.

BOTH MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! YOUR ATTENDANCE IS VITAL!

but my best boise biking moment was riding up bogus basin road about 8 or
10 miles out of town (and up, up, up) and hearing semi auto rifle fire off to
the side of the road. they waved. i cleverly suppressed my minneapolis-
honed instincts to duck and cover at the sound of gun fire and waved back.
friendly bunch, thankfully.
--
david reuteler