There may be hope

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 26th 19, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default There may be hope

When I was an auxilliary fireman, I got into the habit of listening to
a radio scanner so that I'd know when to shut down the computer to
clear the line for an incoming call, then run upstairs and put on
leaving-the-house clothes.

An astounding number of auxiliaries went to fires in indoor clothing,
then complained of freezing.

I never gave up the habit -- I like to know what the road conditions
are, and the maintenance people at Grace let me know whether the
sidewalks are safe.

Last night I heard something rather nice. Some driver wanted the
police to check the welfare of a fellow dressed all in black riding an
unlit bike on a major road.

It's "danger! danger!", but this time it's something that actually is
dangerous. A pleasant change from "to keep you safe, I'm going to tie
you to the railroad track."

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Help me rbr, you're my only hope. Ryan Cousineau Racing 55 April 18th 09 11:17 AM
The Last Laugh (I hope) Paul Boyd UK 18 December 14th 06 10:05 AM
My only hope... Paul Hobson General 49 November 13th 06 11:57 PM
Let's Hope Not B. Lafferty Racing 1 March 29th 06 07:32 PM
Hope m4's pauline burlison Mountain Biking 3 September 2nd 04 04:44 AM