I'm in my sixties . . .

Old July 22nd 13, 09:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gergory Hall, Esq·

Default I'm in my sixties . . .

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van Garderen in the
TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance. It's just plain embarrassing after
having gotten used to the dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could give me a run for my
money.

--
Sir Gergory

Old July 22nd 13, 11:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Monday, July 22, 2013 1:33:14 PM UTC-7, Sir Gergory Hall, Esq· wrote:
But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van Garderen in the

TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance. It's just plain embarrassing after

having gotten used to the dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could give me a run for my

money.

Age or IQ?

--

Sir Gergory

Old July 22nd 13, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

"Phil H" wrote in
message ...
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.
It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the
dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could
give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

Old July 23rd 13, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Phil H

On Monday, July 22, 2013 3:48:33 PM UTC-7, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:
"Phil H" wrote in

message ...

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van

Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.

It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the

dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could

give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

You started it "I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
Garderen in the TDF". You could have come back with a "no, hematocrit" which is something that would make such a statement believable.
Old July 23rd 13, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van

Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.

It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the

dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could

give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

You started it "I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
Garderen in the TDF". You could have come back with a "no, hematocrit" which is something that would make such a statement believable.

Even nitroglycerin shoved up his backside and ignited wouldn't make the
asshole faster than Tejay.
Old July 23rd 13, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van

Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.

It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the

dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could

give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

// You started it "I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
// Garderen in the TDF". You could have come back with a "no, hematocrit"
// which is something that would make such a statement believable.

My hematocrit runs around 47-48 percent as measured in my
routine blood tests. So I don't need any EPO as my hematocrit
is high to begin with. I am blessed with naturally high oxygen carrying
capacity, it seems. My lung capacity is also huge. I can and do
inflate a beach air mattress with 12-13 breaths. That's a lot of
volume each breath. So, it's a double whammy for my competition.

I have a clue for all professional cyclists. If you would improve your
lung capacity do this: Get a package of large party balloons and
exercise your lungs by blowing them up with as few breaths as
possible. Do it over and over until you start getting really dizzy.

This increases lung capacity and opens the alveoli in the nether
reaches of you lungs. The result is improved aerobic capacity.

--
Sir Gregory

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 23rd 13, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

eb.com...

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van

Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.

It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the

dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could

give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

You started it "I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
Garderen in the TDF". You could have come back with a "no, hematocrit"
which is something that would make such a statement believable.

Even nitroglycerin shoved up his backside and ignited wouldn't make the
asshole faster than Tejay.

Tejay isn't as fast as claimed. His TDF ride was lackluster at best.
He can't climb with the best of them and his ITT is mediocre.

Somebody needs to take him under wing - somebody who knows
how to train up a young man using intervals, intervals and intervals.

It's clear to me that he won't improve with out intervals, intervals
and intervals.

--
Sir Gregory

Old July 24th 13, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_7_]

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van

Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.

It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the

dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could

give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

// You started it "I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
// Garderen in the TDF". You could have come back with a "no, hematocrit"
// which is something that would make such a statement believable.

My hematocrit runs around 47-48 percent as measured in my
routine blood tests.

As is most peoples *before* they start a three week tour....

Old July 24th 13, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sir Gregory Hall, Esq·

b.com...

Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

But, I bet I could have placed better than young Tejay Van

Garderen in the TDF. Talk about a lackluster performance.

It's just plain embarrassing after having gotten used to the

dominance that was Lance Armstrong.

OTOH, Andrew Talansky, who placed 10th probably could

give me a run for my money.

Age or IQ?

Smart Alec!

// You started it "I could have placed better than young Tejay Van
// Garderen in the TDF". You could have come back with a "no, hematocrit"
// which is something that would make such a statement believable.

My hematocrit runs around 47-48 percent as measured in my
routine blood tests.

As is most peoples *before* they start a three week tour....

Wrong! Normal male hematocrit runs from 39-50 percent.
Lance Armstrong's was in the low 40's that's why he used
EPO. He wouldn't have been very competitive without it.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_normal_hematocrit

HTH

--
Sir Gregory
Adults: Females 0.36 - 0.44 Males 0.39 - 0.50

Old July 24th 13, 10:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
birdbrain

On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:42:43 PM UTC-7, Sir Gregory Hall, Esq· wrote:

My hematocrit runs around 47-48 percent as measured in my

routine blood tests. So I don't need any EPO as my hematocrit

is high to begin with. I am blessed with naturally high oxygen carrying

capacity, it seems. My lung capacity is also huge. I can and do

inflate a beach air mattress with 12-13 breaths. That's a lot of

volume each breath. So, it's a double whammy for my competition.

--

Sir Gregory

If you only had a good pair of shoes..