Great Day for Riding in Melb

Old May 16th 06, 01:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Great Day for Riding in Melb

Today was a corker!!!

Rode in on the SS roadie......beautiful clear morning and nice and cool.
Went past a chick on a white Alchemy frame in Ivanhoe and said
G'day.....down past Ivanhoe Cycles and up the next little hill and I check
behind me for cars and she is right there. Reasonably impressed as although
I wasn't hammering it I was going along at a reasonable pace on the up hill
in order to keep my cadence up so I didn't have to grind too much. As we
approach the lights at the paper mill they turn red and so I unclip and put
a foot on the gutter as I know that these lights take a while to sequence
through. The girl impresses me further by pulling up next to me and
trackstanding until the lights went green (was hardly even wobbling). She
ended up sitting on my wheel pretty well all the way to Wellington Rd where
I turned off towards the city. I even had a car on Heidelberg Rd that had
put his nose out too far from the left actually reverse back for me
(acknowledged with a wave of course).

Went for a 6km or so run at lunch time around the Tan.....was about 18
degrees and not a cloud in the sky....was very picturesque and I wasn't even
looking at the sky!!!

On the way home I detoured via Peter Moore Cycles in Richmond and literally
got them to fix my bike. Got them to take off the freecog that I put on for
a try some time ago and couldn't get off as I didn't have the right tool and
replace it with a fixed cog. I decided to upsize the cog due to me upsizing
the front chain ring some time ago when I pretzeled my old one but I was
limited in size due to chain length. I was running 44/15 and I am now
running 45/16 which effectively reduces my gear from 79.2 to 75.9. Can't
say that I notice a hell of a lot of difference but it must be slightly
easier on my knees.

Anyway, picked up another drafter on the way home and was quite happy to
make his ride a little easier and quicker!!

I might have to start madly flapping my right elbow and see if anyone will
come around for a turn on the front!!!

Viva MelbVegas

Gags

Old May 16th 06, 01:36 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Gags wrote:
Today was a corker!!!

It was bloody nice! Did intervals around the hawthorn smellodrone,
then yelled at people at a spin class tonight Got to love ladder
sprints. Dutchy's adventure with the car chase is quite famous!

Old May 17th 06, 12:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Gags wrote:
Today was a corker!!!

Hmmm... impressed with the weather, or impressed with the girl ;-)

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying