R 'Glacier Gloves' D Bes' Cold Rain Gloves for Brooklyn?!

Old April 2nd 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

Default R 'Glacier Gloves' D Bes' Cold Rain Gloves for Brooklyn?!

Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.
Old April 2nd 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bseidner

On Apr 2, 9:34 am, Jay wrote:
Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.

I use these for the cold and rain and whathaveyou.

http://www.bdel.com/gear/samurai.php

BGS
Old April 2nd 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 3:34*pm, Jay wrote:
Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.

As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:

http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4

And not just online.

I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.

Joseph
Old April 2nd 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay[_2_]

On Apr 2, 11:16*am, "
wrote:
On Apr 2, 3:34*pm, Jay wrote:

Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.

As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:

http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4

And not just online.

I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.

Joseph

Yeah, but I need XXL. Not easy to find in the bargain bin.

J.

Old April 2nd 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman

Jay wrote:
On Apr 2, 11:16 am, "
wrote:
On Apr 2, 3:34 pm, Jay wrote:

Just wondering...
http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg
J.

As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:

http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4

And not just online.

I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.

Joseph

Yeah, but I need XXL. Not easy to find in the bargain bin.

J.

In the bargain or left over bin there are always XXL and XXS. The
average sizes, which I need, never. Maybe XXL is the average size on
your side of the pond.

Lou
Old April 2nd 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Apr 2, 8:34 am, Jay wrote:
Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.

these guys have some pretty cool winter, rain gloves.
check them out
http://www.bikingthings.com/gloves.html
Old April 2nd 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ben Kaufman

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 06:34:59 -0700 (PDT), Jay wrote:

Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.

I use those for cold weather windsurfing. They are 2 or 3mm neoprene with
pre-bent fingers. I would look for something a little more breathable and
durable for the bike. I don't ride in the rain but I find my Gortex cross
country ski gloves are nice, and the Gortex should work in the rain too.

Ben
Old April 3rd 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article
,
" wrote:

On Apr 2, 3:34*pm, Jay wrote:
Just wondering...

http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg

J.

As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:

http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4

And not just online.

I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.

Joseph

I second Joseph's position. I use MEC's "cycling/paddling" gloves, but
the formula is the same: several mm of neoprene all around, some form of
grippy palm.

They're my favorite wet-and-miserable gloves, and they make winter
riding in Vancouver a cheerful affair.

The downsides are that they barely breathe and they stink, but they are
washable and my hands don't get cold.

Did I mention they're cheap?

Old April 3rd 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Jay Bollyn wrote:
On Apr 2, 11:16 am, "
wrote:
On Apr 2, 3:34 pm, Jay wrote:

Just wondering...
http://orion.neiu.edu/~jbollyn/bike/misc/gloves.jpg
J.

As long as they are cheap. $10 gets no-name neoprene fishing gloves:

http://tinyurl.com/2fkpt4

And not just online.

I like neoprene for freezing wet conditions. Warmer than 3-5C or so
and normal Windtex type cycling gloves seem to work fine for me.

Joseph

Yeah, but I need XXL. Not easy to find in the bargain bin.

When I go to most stores, the racks are full of L and XL gloves, but
precious few in M size.

Looking for good rain gloves (25 - 40 degrees F) Jay[_2_] Techniques 47 February 25th 08 09:42 PM
Recommendations - Cold Weather Gloves/Mits Maple Tree Racing 10 October 17th 07 08:30 AM
ER: Cold Weather Gloves Paladin Mountain Biking 19 December 6th 06 04:21 AM
Gloves For Cold Days ?? Bugsy Racing 17 February 28th 05 08:52 PM
Answer Vapor Cold Weather Gloves DRS General 4 May 17th 04 01:16 AM