new gear system

Old May 16th 16, 11:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default new gear system

http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on
page 24.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old May 17th 16, 02:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 5/16/2016 6:18 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on page 24.

Is it for people who think a Rohloff is too simple?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old May 17th 16, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bob prohaska

Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/16/2016 6:18 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on page 24.

Is it for people who think a Rohloff is too simple?

I can't help but think it's the work of a humorist, but I haven't
found the punchline yet.

bob prohaska

Old May 17th 16, 06:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Mon, 16 May 2016 17:18:25 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on
page 24.

I read some of the patent and was left wondering if it can be made to
work. It seems excessively complicated. What I noticed missing from
the web pages are photos of the completed planetary gear drive,
specifications, gear ratios, gear range, efficiency tests, test rides,
and such. In other words, all the usual stuff needed to convince
skeptics like me that the device actually exists.
"One of the most promising applications of the Sprocket Hub
design is the direct-drive recumbent bicycle (shown above but
with an earlier single-speed hub)"

More of the same (that seems to exist):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1941379991/kervelo-bike-and-tilting-trike
http://www.gizmag.com/kervelo-front-wheel-drive-recumbent-bike/41486/
--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old May 17th 16, 12:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andrew Chaplin

AMuzi wrote in :

http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on
page 24.

Interesting. He's incorporated in Canada.
https://www.ic.gc.ca/app/scr/cc/Corp...s.html?corpId=
9466916
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO
Old May 17th 16, 12:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Question is why ?

more is not less
when less is more

POWER TRANSMISSION FRICTION IN BICYCLE DESIGN

UTUBE ! who goes on video

The mores or the lessors ?

try: genaro tabag
Old May 17th 16, 12:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 5/16/2016 8:18 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/16/2016 6:18 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on
page 24.

Is it for people who think a Rohloff is too simple?

or for people (unlike me on my fixie) who haven't yet found
The Right Gear.

Old May 17th 16, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 7:58:51 AM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 5/16/2016 8:18 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/16/2016 6:18 PM, AMuzi wrote:
http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on
page 24.

Is it for people who think a Rohloff is too simple?

or for people (unlike me on my fixie) who haven't yet found
The Right Gear.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

right n foundation for a General Rule

finding a Right Gear
is easiest with 16 gears
than 36

https://goo.gl/yasCGA

ad nauseum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Less_is_more
Old May 17th 16, 02:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, May 16, 2016 at 11:18:27 PM UTC+1, AMuzi wrote:
http://velotegra.com/wordpress1/home/

Be sure to click the patent link and read description on
page 24.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Ettore Bugatti expected the people who bought his cars to have a heated motor house, with a live-in mechanic.

Maybe this guy is Ettore reborn for another age, most likely not. As Jeff says, there isn't enough information to form a judgement.

Meanwhile I'll stick by Jeremy Bentham and Bernd Rohloff.

Andre Jute
Complication isn't utility, nor beauty. Something more is required.
Old May 17th 16, 02:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...28480272_1.jpg

Rohloff n https://goo.gl/YOeOFQ