Oscar Egg

Old October 16th 17, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

Default Oscar Egg

What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html
Old October 16th 17, 10:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 16th 17, 11:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html
Old October 16th 17, 11:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/16/2017 5:14 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html

It's from this era:
http://www.bikeraceinfo.com/photo-ga...illeurs-1.html

Except Swiss/French (not Italian) under his later-famous
SuperChampion brand. Cool guy, very innnovative.

Old October 17th 17, 12:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-10-16 15:48, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 5:14 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html

It's from this era:
http://www.bikeraceinfo.com/photo-ga...illeurs-1.html

Except Swiss/French (not Italian) under his later-famous SuperChampion
brand. Cool guy, very innnovative.

It is amazing how fast we forget older technologies. I am regularly
asked by other riders what I am doing down there where the water bottle
is but then not taking a sip. "I am shifting gears" ... "Oh!"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old October 17th 17, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 3:14:38 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html

Nice find, Doug! I was looking for a NOS Oscar Egg derailleur-ish thing to go with the bee-stinger, butt-cone-of-death on my 1940 TT bike.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 17th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 5:50:11 PM UTC-7, jbeattie wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 3:14:38 PM UTC-7, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html

Nice find, Doug! I was looking for a NOS Oscar Egg derailleur-ish thing to go with the bee-stinger, butt-cone-of-death on my 1940 TT bike.

-- Jay Beattie.

LOL Yer still riding a wedgie
Old October 17th 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/16/2017 6:48 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 5:14 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html

It's from this era:
http://www.bikeraceinfo.com/photo-ga...illeurs-1.html

It's a reminder how 20-20 hindsight makes solutions obvious. Most modern
cyclists probably think today's gear systems must be the only reasonable
possibility.

But many other schemes were tried before most people settled on
parallelogram derailleurs, tension cable with spring return, and two
sprung jockey wheels for tensioning the chain.

BTW, I've read that the "myth and lore" of the day held that chain
tension must be manually controlled so as to completely minimize it,
because _any_ excess tension in the lower run of chain would slow a
cyclist dramatically.

These days, we don't give that idea a thought. These ideas come and go.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Old October 17th 17, 03:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 3:48:31 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 5:14 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
On Monday, October 16, 2017 at 2:21:38 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/16/2017 4:13 PM, Doug Landau wrote:
What the HELL is going on with this thing

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy...329612307.html

Just a dirt racer. Which part caught your eye?

The Akront rims are Spagnoli BTW, same brand used on classic
Zeus and Orbea bicycles

oops
I think I meant this thing
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bop...341236829.html

It's from this era:
http://www.bikeraceinfo.com/photo-ga...illeurs-1.html

Except Swiss/French (not Italian) under his later-famous
SuperChampion brand. Cool guy, very innnovative.

Geno was a man of great courage. Since he was a bicycle racer he could be expected to be out riding all over Italy. So he along with a large number of other Catholics would smuggle Jews out of Italy or get them to relatively safe locations. Bartoli would carry the plans and schedules for their movements rolled up in his seatpost. If he had been caught in Fascist and later NAZI controlled Italy he would have been put to death.

Oscar predictions Dan Gregory Racing 0 February 11th 07 03:43 PM
Was Oscar Clean? Jack Hollis Racing 15 August 9th 06 03:09 PM
Big fan of Oscar Bret Racing 0 July 19th 06 08:04 PM
Oscar Winner Again Dan Gregory Racing 2 March 27th 05 11:32 PM
where is Oscar he has yuba pass Racing 0 February 22nd 05 04:46 AM