Why are bikes so expensive now? Video

Old August 25th 14, 05:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Why are bikes so expensive now? Video

On 8/25/2014 10:41 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:

Frank,

my position concerning your favorite subjects:

- I take the lane when necessary,
- I as a faster rider rather not use bike paths,
- a well designed dynamo (hub) operated front or rear light gives one plenty of light to see or to be seen,
- blinkies with the power of emergency vehicles are not necessary and annoying to everybody else especially rear lights,
- wear of helmets should not be mandatory,
- really doubt that helmets can prevent serious brain damage by default. If so than it will be a coincident and subject to ones risk management. In my case in a group ride, route with fast decents and off road I wear a helmet. On flat terrain and riding alone and don't wear one.

So in most cases I agree with you but what I also can understand is that:
- not every one has my perception and riding skills,
- in some situations bike paths are safer for some people,
- even can understand SMS that he wants an easy detachable light to prevent theft if that is the case in his neighbourhood or for the same reason a dynamo hub wheel is to expensive and he sticks to batteries.

So I don't impose my choices to everybody.

Lou

Thanks, Lou. It sounds like we are roughly 100% in agreement. And of
course, I don't impose my choices on anybody either*. That includes my
choices on which topics are interesting to discuss.

(* Well, except I admit to imposing my "No dogs in this house" choice
upon my wife.)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 25th 14, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_3_]

On 8/25/2014 10:41 AM, Lou Holtman wrote:
snip

So I don't impose my choices to everybody.

Lou, you are giving him the platform that he's looking for. And even if
he wants to define how usenet works, the general consensus is posting
off topic comments consistently is trolling.

From Wiki:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows
discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by
posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online
community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the
deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or
of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

You're feeding the troll.