Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS.

Old June 5th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Default Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS.

"Grolch" wrote in message

Just add them to your blocked senders list and, whaddayaknow, no troll
bait...BUT, adding the flaming trolls to the kill file doesn't reduce the
garbage if everybodies being baited.

Those of us who are falsely accused of being trolls say the most interesting
things which others MUST respond to in spite of themselves. If you kill
file, you miss everything that makes newsgroups worthwhile. But most
importantly, you miss the original posting of characters like myself who are
to Usenet what Beethoven was to music. Time to get your priorities right I
would say.

The kind of characters you want to kill file are those who resort to
obscenities and sexual innuendo. They are truly worthless types who only
deserve a good swift kick in their dumb asses.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old June 7th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Kill them Trolls while their still under the bridge.

Old June 7th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

Just add them to your blocked senders list and, whaddayaknow, no troll
bait...BUT, adding the flaming trolls to the kill file doesn't reduce the
garbage if everybodies being baited.

Those of us who are falsely accused of being trolls say the most interesting
things which others MUST respond to in spite of themselves. If you kill
file, you miss everything that makes newsgroups worthwhile. But most
importantly, you miss the original posting of characters like myself who are
to Usenet what Beethoven was to music. Time to get your priorities right I
would say.

.... a near perfect analogy since deafness is a trait that you both have
in comon, except Beethoven was literally deaf and you are figuratively
deaf . You turn a deaf ear to the many complaints lodged against you.
Beethoven had an audience that appreciated his genuis, whereas you
think you are a genius who goes unapprecatied ... NOT!!!

Jim McNamara

Old June 7th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

I am convinced that others just want to save me from embarrassment. That is
why they do not praise me as I deserve to be praised. They also no doubt
think it takes away from themselves to give me my due adulation. I urge
others to just come right out and tell the whole world how much you admire
the Great Ed Dolan. Shucks! I won't mind at all if you want to tell me how
Great I am. I am past all embassement at my own Greatness. Like Beethoven, I
know my true worth!

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again." - Epitaph found on
tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Old June 9th 06, 04:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 12:59:45 -0500, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
roups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

This is now my new favorite post. I have saved it for the
Smithsonian.

They also no doubt
think it takes away from themselves to give me my due adulation. I urge
others to just come right out and tell the whole world how much you admire
the Great Ed Dolan. Shucks! I won't mind at all if you want to tell me how
Great I am. I am past all embassement at my own Greatness. Like Beethoven, I
know my true worth!

"Once I wasn't, Then I was, Now I ain't again." - Epitaph found on
tombstone in Ohio graveyard

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

The kind of characters you want to kill file are those who resort to
obscenities and sexual innuendo. They are truly worthless types who only
deserve a good swift kick in their dumb asses.

===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old June 10th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

Admiration, adulation, praise ????? Don't hold your breath. On
second thought, pleass do.

Jim McNamara

Old June 10th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

On 10 Jun 2006 08:08:44 -0700, wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

The irony just went right over your head. Maybe your membership in the
human race has expired?

Old June 11th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 10 Jun 2006 08:08:44 -0700, wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

Even in the absence of an emoticon, the ironny (incongruity) of Dolan's
statements did not escape me attention. I presume that he had his
tongue firmly implanted in his cheek. If not, then he is most
certainly delusional. What is ironic is your contention that my
membership in the human race expired. Even if the irony had gone right
over my head, and it did not, your conlcusion does not logically
follow. It is no wonder that you two are a mutual admiration society
consisting of ONLY two members. You two are just perfect for one
another. Have you set a date yet?

Jim McNamara

Old June 11th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

On 11 Jun 2006 05:59:25 -0700, wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 10 Jun 2006 08:08:44 -0700,
wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

Obviously your membership in the human race has expired.

Jim McNamara

Old June 12th 06, 10:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On 11 Jun 2006 05:59:25 -0700, wrote:

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 10 Jun 2006 08:08:44 -0700,
wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Grolch" wrote in message

[...]

Jim McNamara is own of the most sensitive souls God ever created. Trust me
on this Mike, if Jim decides to take you on he will be the most longwinded
adversary you have ever met in your life. Even Curtiss can't hold a candle
to him. However, your one-liners are perfect for him. I have never been that
short with him and so he and I will go round and round for all eternity,
just like you and Curtiss do. I think it is part of Usenet to get stuck with
characters like these and I have gotten used to it. The only question is,
who has more time to waste, me or Jim?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Come on group, DON"T FEED THE TROLLS. Edward Dolan General 25 June 17th 06 10:49 PM
Don't feed the trolls bill Racing 0 January 12th 06 03:09 PM
SixDay RSS Feed Davey Crockett Racing 6 November 10th 04 05:07 AM
SixDay RSS Feed Davey Crockett Racing 0 November 9th 04 03:39 PM
Group ride questions Ken General 4 July 24th 03 01:05 AM