Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

Old March 27th 15, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Unlit cyclist attacks motorist with bicycle

On 27/03/2015 10:40, TMS320 wrote:
"JNugent" wrote
On 26/03/2015 21:28, TMS320 wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote

The motorist had no right to point out the obvious difficulty of
spotting
the cyclist in the dark.

Since we don't allow vigilantism in this country it depends on how the
driver caused the cyclist to stop. By obstructing the cyclist's passage,
perhaps?

It's interesting to look at Streetview of the village and notice the cars
left on the pavement. And it's curious how other drivers manage to get
round them in the dark.

It's in the UK, yes?

In a built up area with a speed limit of 30 mph or less, where most motor
vehicles may be parked without having any lights illuminated, provided
they're on the correct side of the road, not too near a junction and are
fitted with the required reflectors?

Well, apart from being left on the pavement, some are on the wrong side of
the road.

That's an offence everywhere except (IIRC) London.

Report them.

My second key phrase was "it's curious how other drivers manage to
get round them in the dark". Stating the legal view has nothing to do with
my observation of driver behaviour.

Did you not spot the bit about reflectors?

There is also the issue of motor vehicles usually having a large
(compared to a bicycle) shiny bodywork surface.

If bikes had all these characteristics, the problem of unlit bikes would
be less of a problem.
Old March 27th 15, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Iain[_2_]

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:11:46 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

In that case, perhaps those states ought to legalise speeding. That'd
free up the local judge's courts. What do you think?
And perhaps they ought to legalise theft, burglary, rape and murder
as well?

They harm others, cannabis harms no one.
It is less harmful to the user than alcohol and doesn't cause the
user to become violent.

I suggest that you do more research and look at the proven connections
between cannabis and psychotic episodes and schizophrenia.

--
Iain

Old March 27th 15, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/03/2015 13:56, Iain wrote:

Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:11:46 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

In that case, perhaps those states ought to legalise speeding. That'd
free up the local judge's courts. What do you think?
And perhaps they ought to legalise theft, burglary, rape and murder
as well?

They harm others, cannabis harms no one.
It is less harmful to the user than alcohol and doesn't cause the
user to become violent.

I suggest that you do more research and look at the proven connections
between cannabis and psychotic episodes and schizophrenia.

Ssshhh!

He doesn't want the truth to be a factor.
Old March 27th 15, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 5:11:36 PM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/03/2015 13:56, Iain wrote:

I suggest that you do more research and look at the proven connections
between cannabis and psychotic episodes and schizophrenia.

Ssshhh!

He doesn't want the truth to be a factor.

On the contrary.
if Iain has some evidence from the peer reviewed literature he would like to
share with the group I will happily read it.

Unlike you I will admit I am wrong if you can prove me wrong.

Old March 27th 15, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:34:29 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/03/2015 00:20, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:11:46 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

In that case, perhaps those states ought to legalise speeding. That'd
free up the local judge's courts. What do you think?
And perhaps they ought to legalise theft, burglary, rape and murder as well?

They harm others, cannabis harms no one.

Is that why it's illegal, because it's harmless?

It is less harmful to the user than alcohol and doesn't cause the user to become violent.

"less harnful to the user...".

I see.

A classic example of the Prussian education system at work.
The Controllers have decreed this is wrong therefore we must accept
their ruling without question.
Old March 27th 15, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 11:00:24 AM UTC, Tarcap wrote:
"Simon Jester" wrote in message

What a waste of taxpayers money.
Cannabis has been legalised in some left pond states and crime has plummeted
as a result.

Well it would do, wouldn't it?
Nobody getting nicked for possession or dealing.

I never mentioned drug possession.
Theft, robbery and violent crime have dropped.

I know - let's make murder and theft legal - that would certainly massage
the crime figures, wouldn't it?

Noddy has already tried and failed with that argument.

Jesus wept!

Did he? I gave up fairy tales decades ago.

Old March 27th 15, 08:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Simon Jester" wrote in message

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 11:00:24 AM UTC, Tarcap wrote:
"Simon Jester" wrote in message

What a waste of taxpayers money.
Cannabis has been legalised in some left pond states and crime has
plummeted
as a result.

Well it would do, wouldn't it?
Nobody getting nicked for possession or dealing.

I never mentioned drug possession.
Theft, robbery and violent crime have dropped.

Do you have a cite for that, or did you just make it up?

Old March 27th 15, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

http://www.drugpolicy.org/resource/m...-status-report

Old March 27th 15, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/03/2015 13:56, Iain wrote:

I suggest that you do more research and look at the proven connections
between cannabis and psychotic episodes and schizophrenia.

Ssshhh!

He doesn't want the truth to be a factor.

On the contrary.
if Iain has some evidence from the peer reviewed literature he would like to
share with the group I will happily read it.

Unlike you I will admit I am wrong if you can prove me wrong.

You mean you weren't already aware of the research results which showed
the connection between the illegal and criminal drug cannabis (also
known by several other terms) and the medical effects mentioned by the

OK, fair enough. I assume that the Royal College of Psychiatry will be
authoritative enough for you.

http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mentalhealthinformation/mentalhealthproblems/alcoholanddrugs/cannabisandmentalhealth.aspx

There are plenty more of you Google on the terms "cannabis" and
""psychosis".
Old March 27th 15, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 27/03/2015 19:57, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:34:29 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:
On 27/03/2015 00:20, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:11:46 AM UTC, JNugent wrote:

In that case, perhaps those states ought to legalise speeding. That'd
free up the local judge's courts. What do you think?
And perhaps they ought to legalise theft, burglary, rape and murder as well?

They harm others, cannabis harms no one.

Is that why it's illegal, because it's harmless?

It is less harmful to the user than alcohol and doesn't cause the user to become violent.

"less harnful to the user...".

I see.

A classic example of the Prussian education system at work.
The Controllers have decreed this is wrong therefore we must accept
their ruling without question.

Where did I say anything at all about my attitude to illegal drugs
imported, distributed, traded and used by criminals?

I merely passed an observation on your apparent belief that if a drug
isn't harmful to the user, that's the main thing that matters.

Some people would characterise your attitude as "Me, me, me".

I'm more charitable than that.