Promote Bike Commuting with a Bold Statement

Old January 27th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Promote Bike Commuting with a Bold Statement

Hello Google Bikers:
Make a "big-time" statement with "Oil-Free and Happy" and "Powered by
Sweat" T-Shirts and patches. As an INTRODUCTORY PROMOTION, through
February, I am offering ALL items on my website to Google Bike Groups
at the large quantity discounts. Just go to the website:

http://home.comcast.net/~oil_free_and_happy/

Select the least expensive price for the item, and under the PayPal
notes, type in "Google Bike Groups Promotion". Also, if your order is
more than $20, I'll throw in a small patch of your choice for FREE.

AM I NUTS! No, at least I don't think so! I'm simply promoting the
idea of Bicycles before Cars. I firmly believe that we can make a big
impact by prominently displaying these messages on our backs while we
cycle. If you still can't afford it, e-mail me, and we'll make some
arrangements. If you don't like my designs, here's the One-Less-Car
URL. They also offer alternative transportation promotional items.

http://www.onelesscar.org/TopLevelDi/products.php

Old January 28th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"oilfreeandhappy" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but attaching an "Oil Free" patch to a jacket
made from synthetic materials is kind of silly.

Old January 28th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

oilfreeandhappy wrote:

Hello Google Bikers:

Who?!?

[...]

I thought we talked about this.

Sigh.

BS

Old January 28th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Duh. If you wouldn't wear the products - fine. But why don't you just
humbly stay quiet about it.

Old January 28th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

oilfreeandhappy wrote:
Duh. If you wouldn't wear the products - fine. But why don't you
just humbly stay quiet about it.

I'll make you a deal: stop spamming the rec.* groups, and I'll gladly STHU.

Old January 28th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Sorni wrote:
oilfreeandhappy wrote:

Duh. If you wouldn't wear the products - fine. But why don't you
just humbly stay quiet about it.

I'll make you a deal: stop spamming the rec.* groups, and I'll gladly STHU.

I don't blame you for wanting to make a buck doing something you enjoy,
but this type of thread belongs in the marketplace, not miscellaneous.
Old January 28th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

misc is exactly that - Miscellaneous. Tell me - what type of
correspondence do you expect to read in "misc"? Please read the
description of this group. Maybe you're in the wrong group.

I didn't post it to the Tech or Mountain Biking groups, because, I
would agree with you. They don't belong there.

Old January 28th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"oilfreeandhappy" wrote: misc is exactly that - Miscellaneous. Tell me -
what type of correspondence do you expect to read in "misc"? (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I thought Sorni's post raised a very valid point. In all the discussion of
the ecological "benefits" of high petroleum prices, this fact is seldom
mentioned: virtually all the feedstock to the world's chemical plants comes
out of oil wells.

Furthermore, I think Sorni"s comment qualifies as "misc" more than your
commercial. If you don't have the good grace to limit your spamming, at
least have the good sense to do it quietly. Getting into a flame war when
you are wrong makes you doubly wrong.

I'm eagerly awaiting your answer.

Old January 28th 06, 05:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

oilfreeandhappy wrote:
misc is exactly that - Miscellaneous. Tell me - what type of
correspondence do you expect to read in "misc"? Please read the
description of this group. Maybe you're in the wrong group.

I didn't post it to the Tech or Mountain Biking groups, because, I
would agree with you. They don't belong there.

First of all, it would be helpful if you quoted that to which you're
replying.

Second, this was all discussed when you first appeared on the scene ~10 days
ago. It's one thing to have your blatantly commercial user name and
annoying sig file while you /participate/ in threads -- people can click on
your link or not as they see fit (or just ignore you altogether, which many
no doubt do).

What's /objectionable/ is, after saying you understood the distinction
between "regular" posting and SPAMMING, you then turn around and REPEAT your
hard-sell "Promote Bike Commuting with a Bold Statement" boilerplate
promotion of your useless little products. One can't help thinking this
will be repeated on a regular basis, and one recoils in mild annoyance and
indignation.

NOW do you get it?!?

Bill "take it to Marketplace (and I bet even THEY don't like repeated spam
posts)" S.

Old January 28th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

MISCELLANEOUS!