Your web sites

Old November 14th 04, 01:30 AM
Bill Baka

On 13 Nov 2004 05:16:24 -0800, Maggie wrote:

Bill Baka wrote in message
Yeah, and the IT guy keeps track of where I go (on the computer)
at work so I do it at home.
Bill Baka

I am glad we don't have an IT guy in my office....I don't want anyone
to know where I have been. ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

BTW, get a new provider. Getting cut off by exceeding quota
is just plain bull****. I would have liked to see your site.

--
Just Bill again
Old November 14th 04, 01:43 AM
Bill Baka

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 20:00:25 -0000, Dane Jackson wrote:

Maggie wrote:
Bill Baka wrote:
Yeah, and the IT guy keeps track of where I go (on the computer)
at work so I do it at home.
Bill Baka

I am glad we don't have an IT guy in my office....I don't want anyone
to know where I have been. ;-)

That's what encrypted tunneling proxies are for.

*cough*

Not that I'd know anything about that.

Well, I have worked at worse places. Like one in Illinois where the
owner of the company spent most of his day listening in on phone
conversations. It was legal but we didn't like it. My IT problem
was getting e-mail from recruiters. I had plenty of job offers
before 9/11, then got laid off 2 months later and there
were no longer any jobs.

--
Just Bill again
Old November 14th 04, 05:11 AM
Mike Latondresse

(Maggie) wrote in
om:

Mine

http://members.shaw.ca/mikelat/My%20Web%20Page/
Old November 14th 04, 07:05 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Michael J. Klein wrote:

On 11 Nov 2004 10:13:04 -0800, (Maggie)
wrote:

Your web sites are fabulous. I have been looking at them and enjoying
the pictures and the scenary and your bikes. It is really great. I
have an AOL web site that I put together just for fun....but I also
have one on yahoo that I never did anything with. I think I may try
to make it my
BIKE ADVENTURE PAGE
to track my progress as I go along. I am not very technical and the
hometown AOL pages can be created by the walking dead.....this one is

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/

I am not sure it will be as easy. Do any of you have web pages on
yahoo? I'm sure it can't be as easy to put together as an AOL page.
This one
http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/
was so simple even I could understand the directions.
I am going to try to do a bike page......you guys inspire me. Also I
am going to get fired for typing on this newsgroup during work hours.
I really have obsessive traits...ya think.

I have some bike content stuff (mostly related to manufacturing) on my
asian castings website. i'm fortunte to live in a part of the world
which is reponsible for something like 90% of the world's high
technology bike production.

If anyone wants to start a regularly-updated web page, I would highly
recommend using a blogging system like blogger.com. It's sweet, and
they'll even host the site for you.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.
Old November 14th 04, 03:18 PM
Maggie

Bill Baka wrote in message
Yeah, and the IT guy keeps track of where I go (on the computer)
at work so I do it at home.
Bill Baka

I am glad we don't have an IT guy in my office....I don't want anyone
to know where I have been. ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

BTW, get a new provider. Getting cut off by exceeding quota
is just plain bull****. I would have liked to see your site.

I have no idea why that site does that sometime. I am still trying to
figure it out. Sometimes you can easily see it, and other times it
gives you that strange message. I just put that yahoo site up and its
free. It doesn't have any bicycle related pics on it anyway....as I
have not been anywhere except to the park in my town. Hopefully it
will have pictures of my great bike adventures some day. ;-)
Old November 14th 04, 04:37 PM
Bill Baka

Bill Baka wrote in message
Yeah, and the IT guy keeps track of where I go (on the computer)
at work so I do it at home.
Bill Baka

I am glad we don't have an IT guy in my office....I don't want anyone
to know where I have been. ;-)

http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

BTW, get a new provider. Getting cut off by exceeding quota
is just plain bull****. I would have liked to see your site.

I have no idea why that site does that sometime. I am still trying to
figure it out. Sometimes you can easily see it, and other times it
gives you that strange message. I just put that yahoo site up and its
free. It doesn't have any bicycle related pics on it anyway....as I
have not been anywhere except to the park in my town. Hopefully it
will have pictures of my great bike adventures some day. ;-)

Well, you do want a decent provider (ISP) if you have pictures or
want to have a business site. I have 15 Megs for my site but it
is a local provider and I have been with them since 1994. I was
wondering if it would make sense to have a web site with pictures
and ride stories. Seemed like a good idea when I thought of it
yesterday. Maybe pictures on your site made the quota from
people viewing things.
Good luck with your site/sites.
Bill Baka

--
Just Bill again
Old November 14th 04, 05:37 PM
Maggie

Mike Latondresse wrote in message ...
(Maggie) wrote in
om:

Mine

http://members.shaw.ca/mikelat/My%20Web%20Page/

I wish I could post a web site of cycling through France. I like
dreamin.....cause dreamin can make it true..... ;-)

Old November 15th 04, 02:25 PM
Maggie

Bill Baka wrote in message
http://www.geocities.com/lindaannbuset/mypage.html

http://hometown.aol.com/lbuset/

Well, you do want a decent provider (ISP) if you have pictures or
want to have a business site. I have 15 Megs for my site but it
is a local provider and I have been with them since 1994. I was
wondering if it would make sense to have a web site with pictures
and ride stories. Seemed like a good idea when I thought of it
yesterday. Maybe pictures on your site made the quota from
people viewing things.
Good luck with your site/sites.
Bill Baka

I have a business site that I pay for hosted by Earthlink. My future
son in law :-) is an IT guy and I am trying to get him to change the
thing for me, but he is so busy it's hard to trap him. I certainly
have no idea how to change it. It is so outdated it's ridiculous. I
even changed the name of my business since the site was created. It's
now "Virtual Assisting". I also took in a partner. I am paying
Earthlink to host an outdated website. I should take a class or
something so I know how to update it. Neither myself or my partner can
do web design. Putting pics on Yahoo or AOL does not require any major
computer skills, they practically do it for you. Thanks for the Good
Luck wish. :-)

This is my business site.... http://www.allsecretarial.com/

Old November 16th 04, 08:17 AM
Bill Baka

wrote:

Bill Baka wrote in message
[...]

I have not heard great things about earthlink. My sister tried it and
got burned out pretty quickly. To many controls/limitations/etc. for
her. She figures that at 69 she can do her own filtering and as a
retired LVN/RN there is not she has not seen. She did not like a
service (aol either) that tried to filter her content and limit her
web site potential. I am gradually getting her set up and I have friends
that need help with wetting up both a web site and E-bay acoounts,
which need a web site so they can link to pictures. Maybe a side
business since I consider myself semi-retired, rather ride that work,
and I am much more healthy for it and near zero stress except for when
some expensive computer goodie comes along and I don't have the cash
in hand. I have a buddie who will buy this stuff for me when he goes
to computer sales or finds really good deals at Staples. Wigh 4 bikes
now needing speedometers, GPS, and HRM dataloggers that I can dump
into my computer it may be a fair chunk of change. Maybe one wireless
speedo with a swrist strap ala wris****ch and 4 setings for the magnets
on the different bikes.
Bill Baka

--
Just Bill again
Old November 16th 04, 03:01 PM
Jeff Starr

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:17:08 -0800, Bill Baka wrote:

web site potential. I am gradually getting her set up and I have friends
that need help with wetting up both a web site and E-bay acoounts,
which need a web site so they can link to pictures.

Bill Baka

You don't need a website to post pictures on Ebay. Their fee for
placing pics is quite reasonable.
I just wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, that they need a
website to sell on Ebay, because you don't.
Getting started on Ebay, is not complicated.

Life is Good!
Jeff