What's everyone doing for Bike Month?

Old April 26th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Matt O'Toole

Default What's everyone doing for Bike Month?

The Virginia Bicycling Federation wants to know what everyone is doing for
Bike Month. What does your bike club, organization, company, or local
government have planned? Announce your event and share your ideas in our
comments section:

http://www.vabike.org/what-are-you-d...ke-month-2008/

Matt O.
Old April 26th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news
The Virginia Bicycling Federation wants to know what everyone is doing for
Bike Month. What does your bike club, organization, company, or local
government have planned? Announce your event and share your ideas in our
comments section:

http://www.vabike.org/what-are-you-d...ke-month-2008/

I subscribe to a few Arlington letters and the only thing even remotely
related was this

http://www.arlingtonva.us/Portals/To...sFestival.aspx

Old April 26th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news
The Virginia Bicycling Federation wants to know what everyone is doing for
Bike Month. What does your bike club, organization, company, or local
government have planned? Announce your event and share your ideas in our
comments section:

http://www.vabike.org/what-are-you-d...ke-month-2008/

Matt O.

I plan to be drunk, face down in a gutter all month.

Next month, I plan to wake up. God willing.

J.

Old April 27th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Jay" writes:

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news
The Virginia Bicycling Federation wants to know what everyone is doing for
Bike Month. What does your bike club, organization, company, or local
government have planned? Announce your event and share your ideas in our
comments section:

http://www.vabike.org/what-are-you-d...ke-month-2008/

Matt O.

I plan to be drunk, face down in a gutter all month.

Don't forget to lock your bike first.
Carry $5 so you don't get busted for vagrancy.
And watch out for those Starvation Army do-gooders --
they'll try to feed you thin soup & stale bread while
making you sing "Shall We Gather by the River" for your
dinner, and then they'll try to dress you in badly
dry-cleaned clothes that somebody else died in.
Chances are you'll hear "Love the sinner, hate the sin"
so much it'll drive you up the wall. Those Starvation
Army do-gooders don't know how to sin artfully.
Clumsy sinning is a Sin.

Next month, I plan to wake up. God willing.

For me, ~every~ month is Bike Month.

Well, January, maybe not so much.

In Vancouver we have BikeSummer as well as BikeMonth
(June, which is also when the cops are more inclined
to enforce our local MHL.)

But I kinda like the idea of Chicago's BikeWinter.
I respect that Chicagoans have the balls to even
have a BikeWinter.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old April 27th 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jay[_2_]

"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In Vancouver we have BikeSummer as well as BikeMonth
(June, which is also when the cops are more inclined
to enforce our local MHL.)

But I kinda like the idea of Chicago's BikeWinter.
I respect that Chicagoans have the balls to even
have a BikeWinter.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

I forgot to mention: I will be wearing my noise-canceling headphones,
listening to Howard Stern on Sirius, while face down in the gutter.

I am so glad Artie Lange is still on the HS Show, I can't tell you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artie_Lange

J.

Old April 27th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
"Jay" writes:

"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In Vancouver we have BikeSummer as well as BikeMonth
(June, which is also when the cops are more inclined
to enforce our local MHL.)

But I kinda like the idea of Chicago's BikeWinter.
I respect that Chicagoans have the balls to even
have a BikeWinter.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
tkeats curlicue vcn dot bc dot ca

I forgot to mention: I will be wearing my noise-canceling headphones,
listening to Howard Stern on Sirius, while face down in the gutter.

Personally, I'd be inclined to just wait for good reading material
to blow my way. And I'd try to not roll over on my reading glasses[*].

I guess the gutter is as good a venue as any for
listening to HS.

I listen to George Norrie in the bathroom.

cheers,
Tom

--
"It's not fair! It's not fair!"
-- Burgess Meredith, in one of my fave Twighlight Zone episodes
Old April 27th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Apr 26, 7:54*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * "Jay" writes:

Personally, I'd be inclined to just wait for good reading material
to blow my way. *And I'd try to not roll over on my reading glasses[*].

I guess the gutter is as good a venue as any for
listening to HS.

I listen to George Norrie in the bathroom.

cheers,
* * * * Tom

--
"It's not fair! *It's not fair!"
* * * * -- Burgess Meredith, in one of my fave Twighlight Zone episodes- Hide quoted text -

HS's current Sirius/On Demand 5-year contract is for $100M yearly.

*Someone* must be listening to him. (Those New Yorkers are such saps.
They will buy any damn thing.)

J.

Old April 27th 08, 03:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 16:38:09 -0700, (Tom
Keats) wrote, part:

In Vancouver we have BikeSummer as well as BikeMonth
(June, which is also when the cops are more inclined
to enforce our local MHL.)

Bike Summer is now a movable DIY feast.
http://www.bikesummer.org/2008/main.htm

Vancouver hosted it in June 2001 to correspond with our annual
BikeMonth. Others have been hosted in San Francisco and New York.

But I kinda like the idea of Chicago's BikeWinter.
I respect that Chicagoans have the balls to even
have a BikeWinter.

The ZooBombers in Portland host Mini-bike Winter. Basically a
drunken and bruised weekend of poetry and craziness on 16" wheels.
Portland's winters are way different than Chicago's.
--
zk
Old April 27th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jeremy Parker

"Jay" wrote in message
. ..

"Matt O'Toole" wrote in message
news
The Virginia Bicycling Federation wants to know what everyone is
doing for
Bike Month. What does your bike club, organization, company, or
local
government have planned? Announce your event and share your ideas
in our
comments section:

http://www.vabike.org/what-are-you-d...ke-month-2008/

Matt O.

I plan to be drunk, face down in a gutter all month.

Next month, I plan to wake up. God willing.

It's bad enough when motorists park in the bike lane, thereby
traumatising all the novices who can't figure out how to pass the
car. But when cyclists do it too ...

Jeremy Parker

Old April 27th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Keats) wrote, part:

In Vancouver we have BikeSummer as well as BikeMonth
(June, which is also when the cops are more inclined
to enforce our local MHL.)

Bike Summer is now a movable DIY feast.
http://www.bikesummer.org/2008/main.htm

Vancouver hosted it in June 2001 to correspond with our annual
BikeMonth. Others have been hosted in San Francisco and New York.

Of course me, smacking myself on forehead.
I helped distribute posters for it.
As I recall, the events included a well-attended
bike bazaar at Stanley Park.

I believe the VACC does pancake breakfasts for
bike commuters during Bike Month.

cheers,
Tom