Tire patch- no kit

Old January 4th 09, 01:24 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Default Tire patch- no kit

8:18 : pumped up tire

So heres the deal: I had a small flat. I couldn't find a kit anywhere.
Heres what i did:

Take out the tube, and wash near the puncture.Brush on super glue in
two layers. apply the soft side off a velcro adhesive sticker to glue.
Wait, inflate, and replace tire. Ill let you know how it holds.

--
Jeremy R

'661' (http://www.sixsixone.com/)
'MountainUni' (http://www.mountainuni.com/splash.asp)
spam ban kaboom - Gilby
Old January 4th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jerrick

If you have an old tube laying around, you can also use that to make
patches.

--
Jerrick

'*Bought it!*' (http://tinyurl.com/6ywusa)
*Press Alt+F4 to fix post
stretch.*[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC][SIGPIC]JC~
Old January 4th 09, 02:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

I've had success with a patch of sticky stuff, but what I find to be
better is what I call a savanna patch. I learned it when I lived in
Guyana. All you need is some strong(quilting) thread and a pair of
needle nozed pliers. An extra pair of hands is also very helpful

Locate the hole and with the pliers grab a small area of tube around
the hole. Pull on the pliers to stretch out the tube. Now what you
will do is 'suffocate' the hole with your thread. Wrap the thread
around the 'neck' area just below the hole. You will want to wrap a
good many times. When you are done wrapping, just tie it off.

I normally double my thread for added strength. I also usually have my
mother or brother assist me, but there are ways to do it by yourself.
Just be creative.

Sometimes the thread will fly off, but that is just a sign that it was
not wrapped tight enough. I have experienced good results with this
patch. In fact, the back tire of my B*x has three such patches.

If my description was not adequate, just let me know and I can post
some pictures.

Cheers!

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ

Old January 4th 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

11:53 - pressure is hard.

Old January 5th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Jeremy R

Im calling it a success.

Old January 5th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

Great! I hope that your wicked riding won't undo it.

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ