For those into indie/alternative music

Old July 8th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claire Petersky

Default For those into indie/alternative music

Be Your Own Pet has a music video, Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle,
which you could see over on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPgD...related&search

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/

Old July 8th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Jul 8, 10:31 am, "Claire Petersky"
wrote:
Be Your Own Pet has a music video, Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle,
which you could see over on YouTube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPgD...related&search

BYOP are local heroes. I love 'em, despite not being really in the age
demographic... Totally insane and fun. Their last CD vies for my fave
car disk with the Beastie Boys "To The 5 Boroughs", the latter getting
slightly more play as it has a rap about cheese sandwiches.

The eponymous BYOP disk may have a short shelf life, but it's highly
recommended if you don't mind grinning and pogoing. Any band that
demonstrates the punk-rockness of Nexus hubs is cool by me.

We will come to your town
Burn your house down
Turn the sky brown
All because, all because

We're on two wheels baby
We're on two wheels baby

Old July 8th 07, 05:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Luigi de Guzman

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:31:12 +0000, Claire Petersky wrote:

Be Your Own Pet has a music video, Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle,
which you could see over on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPgD...related&search

only tangentially bicycle-related, but I'm probably going to turn up when
The Bicycle Thieves play Iota in Arlington next week:

http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/..._thieves.shtml

OK, so not at all bicycle-related. But I really dig "Loser of the Year."

-Luigi

--
Luigi de Guzman
http://ouij.livejournal.com
Old July 8th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Claire Petersky wrote:
Be Your Own Pet has a music video, Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle,
which you could see over on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPgD...related&search

Hah! That's very cool. I love the style of the video, but then I'm a
big fan of the emulation of the old black and white "over the type"
look.

Reefer Madness:
http://www.archive.org/details/reefer_madness1938

One got Fat (Topical!)
http://www.archive.org/details/OneGotFa1963

--
Dane Buson -
Och Aye. Twa pounds ten, and that's cutting me puir wee throatie.
Old July 8th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Dane Buson wrote:
Claire Petersky wrote:
Be Your Own Pet has a music video, Bicycle Bicycle, You Are My Bicycle,
which you could see over on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpPgD...related&search

Hah! That's very cool. I love the style of the video, but then I'm a
big fan of the emulation of the old black and white "over the type"

That should be "over the top" ^^^^

--
Dane Buson -
"Liberty means responsibility; that is why most men dread it."
Old July 8th 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mark Shroyer

On 2007-07-08, Dane Buson wrote:
Hah! That's very cool. I love the style of the video, but then I'm a
big fan of the emulation of the old black and white "over the type"

That should be "over the top" ^^^^

Ha, well when I read "over the type" I thought I knew exactly what
you were talking about: I imagined a sort of 50's era black and
white TV show title screen with a text-over in a bold, contoured
typeface. And sure enough, when I clicked on Claire's link it was
just as you had (inadvertently) described it...

--
Mark Shroyer
http://markshroyer.com/
Old July 10th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

BYOP are local heroes.

That band has chunks of other bands in their stool. "We Will Vacation
You Will Be My Parasol" is the song I want to die to. Violently, in a
riot.

what music ntappin Unicycling 27 November 1st 05 03:16 AM
music amanda.gallacher Unicycling 20 June 2nd 05 04:01 PM
Great letter in the Indie wafflycat UK 0 February 24th 05 08:28 AM
what is that music? AllThingsUni Unicycling 1 January 12th 05 11:25 PM