I'm 6'4 235 tall

Old October 28th 04, 03:48 AM
Bryan Florida

Default I'm 6'4 235 tall

I need an inexpensive bike for the road..just for exercise. Maybe a
speed bike but I have long legs and need a bigger bike. What brands do
you suggest? The 18 sped I have now is too small for my size.
Thanks.

Old October 28th 04, 02:36 PM
B17 GUY

At 6'-3" and 225# I am very happy with my Jamis . Solid well made bike with
good compononents and no problems in 8 months.

I tried the Treks and C-dale (I had owned 4 C-cales in the past) but the Jamis
more than met my needs and the price was considerbly lower than the others.

Guy

Old October 28th 04, 03:05 PM
Claire Petersky

"Bryan Florida" wrote in message
I need an inexpensive bike for the road..just for exercise. Maybe a
speed bike but I have long legs and need a bigger bike. What brands do
you suggest? The 18 sped I have now is too small for my size.

Hey Bryan, I took the liberty to cross-post your message to
rec.bicycles.misc, which is probably a more fitting newsgroup, and also has
a higher readership than rec.bicycles.rides.

First off, you need to tell us: what do you mean by "inexpensive"? Some
people here would define "inexpensive" as ~$100, others as ~$1000.

I'll leave the "go to your LBS" instructions to someone else.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: