58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

Old January 14th 17, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default 58% of California is in Heavy Drought.

On 1/11/2017 9:14 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 5:12:56 PM UTC-8, Duane wrote:

I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain. If it's pouring when I get up for
work I'm likely to drive. I won't let the threat of rain stop me so I've
been caught in it. I ride my road bike in the rain since I sold the
touring bike. I don't really have problems with the 700c 23s that I use.
I'm running them at 90 psi and they grip well enough. The real problem with
rain for me is the visibility. Both mine and the drivers. As for freezing
rain, forget it.

It isn't the rain that bothers me nearly so much as the drivers in California are terrible to begin with and the rain doesn't make them any better.

California could finance a lot of new infrastructure if they just issued
$500 tickets to anyone driving a grey car that doesn't turn on their
lights in the rain.

The advent of DRLs have made things worse since now you have all these
drivers with only their front DRLs on, with no tail lights.

---

Old January 14th 17, 03:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 16:37:48 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 1/11/2017 9:14 AM, wrote:
[...]

By God, Sir! I believe that you are correct. But why should
automobiles be singled out? Why not a $500 fine for all highway users
that violate the traffic laws? Like those who were responsible for the
54% of the bicycle - Auto collisions, in which it was possible to
assign blame, investigated by the CHP in Los Angeles' County?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old January 14th 17, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Drive a grey mini or topo ....

If you do...does insurance cost more ?

Local noise advises creosote is not pleased.
Old January 14th 17, 02:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_4_]

jbeattie wrote:
On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 1:56:56 PM UTC-8, Duane wrote:
On 13/01/2017 4:06 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Wednesday, January 11, 2017 at 9:14:37 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 5:12:56 PM UTC-8, Duane wrote:

I'm not a big fan of riding in the rain. If it's pouring when I get up for
work I'm likely to drive. I won't let the threat of rain stop me so I've
been caught in it. I ride my road bike in the rain since I sold the
touring bike. I don't really have problems with the 700c 23s that I use.
I'm running them at 90 psi and they grip well enough. The real problem with
rain for me is the visibility. Both mine and the drivers. As for freezing
rain, forget it.

It isn't the rain that bothers me nearly so much as the drivers in
California are terrible to begin with and the rain doesn't make them
any better. When you turn on the news and 20 minutes after the rain
starts you have crashes on every freeway in the entire area you get
the idea. And then Google Maps will route cars around the wrecks on
side streets that are not meant for anything over 20 mph and they will
attempt to drive at 40 mph.

I drive down a hill and stop at the light at the bottom and two cars
slide into the intersection and it's only by the grace of God that no
one was in the way. And THIS right in front of the Sheriff's department.

I'm going to ride in this sort of thing without 3 feet of armor around me?

So is the drought over? I've been off my bike (except on rollers) since
a storm on Wednesday that dropped a foot of snow. On the roadways, its
mostly packed into mounds since we don't have good snow removal in the
PDX. I'd ride in on my studs, but it would put me on the roadways right
next to the cars. It's too deep to ride (even with a fat bike) on the
side paths. So much for the bike share bikes.
http://image.oregonlive.com/home/oli...0d798225cd.JPG

Riding home at the start of the storm on Tuesday evening, I was getting
snow down my throat, which I hate. If it were like this in PDX on a
regular basis, I'd move. I'm looking forward to rain in the city and
snow in the mountains, where it belongs. Blue bird ski day on Sunday!

Sounds like a typical fall day in Québec. g Don't move, get XC skis
and snow shoes.

I feel like a dope because I got ride of all my XC equipment, which was
collecting dust after switching to downhill. Anyway, snow never hangs
around for more than a week at a time -- ten days tops, so its not a
place where you can easily switch from riding to skiing or snow-shoeing.
By next Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll be riding in slop and gravel.

-

I prefer downhill but XC is certainly cheaper.

We've been going through this heavy freeze - thaw - rain - heavy freeze
cycle for a while now. The result is ice everywhere. We had 5c and rain
Thursday and last night it was -22c. Ice and high winds make it tough to
do anything. I've been mostly doing the gym or the trainer lately.

--
duane
Old January 14th 17, 02:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

duane

goo.gl/TFUdbb RBC RBC !

goo.gl/lA9fzd

goo.gl/VyG6MW $180 11/15-4/15 water n trash MTB n open road

Old January 14th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Thu, 12 Jan 2017 19:56:47 -0500, Radey Shouman
wrote:

Coyotes are well established themselves on Cape Cod. They're snacking
on shih-tzus and moggies. Much bigger than they were in their
original range, give them a few hundred generations and there will be
wolves again.

Could be coywolves:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coywolf
Old January 14th 17, 05:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Fri, 13 Jan 2017 09:48:19 -0800 (PST), Doug Landau
wrote:
And coyotes do NOT look like a wolf.

Huh?!? Tom they both look like a german shepherd, just a bit bigger

Well, coyotes and wolves have some similarity in appearance but also
some distinctive differences that are pretty easy to spot. Ditto the
various subspecies of wolves. And both coyotes and wolves look quite a
bit different than a German shepherd.
Old January 15th 17, 01:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

goo.gl/PrJVwj

goo.gl/E6WP6R

goo.gl/PrJVwj

during the rain event, quakes in the valley of SF and below were not occurring. Quakes over at the edge near the N in Nevada, at Hawthorne

goo.gl/20kzS2…replacing the Black Desert swarm as the mega pool's margin under Yellowstone moves south prob a result from fracking

with water runoff n weight relief, quakes began as above. Heavy stuff, water.
Old January 15th 17, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 7:57:25 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
goo.gl/PrJVwj

goo.gl/E6WP6R

goo.gl/PrJVwj

during the rain event, quakes in the valley of SF and below were not occurring. Quakes over at the edge near the N in Nevada, at Hawthorne

goo.gl/20kzS2…replacing the Black Desert swarm as the mega pool's margin under Yellowstone moves south prob a result from fracking

with water runoff n weight relief, quakes began as above. Heavy stuff, water.

Larger and more smaller reservoirs….beats the Wall, right ? but priorities are fencing MX and porking money.

Lieb ? can the canal system run backwards into the desert while Colorado reservoirs n Lake Mudd fill ?
Old January 15th 17, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Beets the Wall

https://goo.gl/KoTgQq

FLUSH THE SALTON !