Photo of Illegal Mountain Bike Trailbuilding in North Vancouver, BC

Old February 22nd 09, 04:59 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default Photo of Illegal Mountain Bike Trailbuilding in North Vancouver, BC

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 22nd 09, 06:27 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Moi-aussi

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and vitriole.

Old February 22nd 09, 06:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
kiloVolts[_2_]

"Moi-aussi" wrote in message
om...

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and vitriole.

It should be pretty obvious from what Mike says. Are you a disbarred lawyer
or something?

Old February 22nd 09, 08:37 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Moi-aussi

"kiloVolts" mantrap@4u3t3s0s3A6s1e7F3G6rH3h5d4q3a3s2aX7A2D5y6 j1z.com wrote
in message ...
"Moi-aussi" wrote in message
om...

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and
vitriole.

It should be pretty obvious from what Mike says. Are you a disbarred
lawyer or something?

Did I miss something from the original post? I see only a link to a picture
and that Mike states it is an illegal structure. That in itself doesn't make
it illegal. It was a simple question that I was hoping to get an honest
answer to. If it is illegal, it should be removed or get some sort of
official approval to remain in place. Do you hold Mike in such high regard
that this question requires you to leap to his defence, or are you being
sarcastic? Perhaps you are the originator of "If it's on the net, it must
be true!"?

Old February 22nd 09, 10:32 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:27:45 -0700, "Moi-aussi"
wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and vitriole.

Because it was built (like ALL the North Shore trails) on public land
without permission! DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 22nd 09, 10:34 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment
Mike Vandeman

I forgot to name the photographer: Doug Chinnery
. He thinks that illegal trailbuilding is just
fine.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 22nd 09, 11:01 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Moi-aussi

wrote:

. ..

--

I was looking for a more specific answer. If you can't provide details, you
don't know what trail it is or where it is. Therefore you can't say whether

Old February 23rd 09, 12:26 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and vitriole.

Because it was built (like ALL the North Shore trails) on public land
without permission! DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

All that remains is for you to prove it.

UTM coordinates would be satisfactory proof. From a third party, of
course.

E.P.
Old February 23rd 09, 03:16 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and vitriole.

Because it was built (like ALL the North Shore trails) on public land
without permission! DUH!
--

I was looking for a more specific answer. If you can't provide details, you
don't know what trail it is or where it is. Therefore you can't say whether
it is illegal or not. Is this the case? Just because there is an NSMB logo
on it does not mean it is on the North Shore.

Where has such destruction of rainforest to build "play structures"
EVER been legal?! Idiot. 100% of the North Shore trailbuilding is
illegal. Mountain biker = criminal.

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old February 23rd 09, 03:42 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

wrote:

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. .
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande/ansmb2.jpg

Please don't put a cell phone next to any part of your body that you are
fond of!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

How do you know it is illegal? Please leave out the rhetoric and vitriole.

Because it was built (like ALL the North Shore trails) on public land
without permission! DUH!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

All that remains is for you to prove it.

UTM coordinates would be satisfactory proof. From a third party, of
course.

E.P.

Do your own homework. Ask the photographer: Doug Chinnery
. But of course he will lie about it, because he
is a mountain biker. That's what they do!

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande