Lifetime Miles

Old October 12th 20, 08:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mark Cleary[_3_]

Default Lifetime Miles

Sort move from the political although I don't mind it, I have an interesting question. I am a long distance runner and that really is the background I come from. I still run but age and runner's dystonia make that much more challenging. I have always ridden and bike and used it through most of my running years. Runners keep a log an most serious ones can tell you lifetime miles or a good estimate. I can running and even on the bike.

So what sort of lifetime miles do the regulars here have on the books? I still have way more running miles that cycling miles but at present rate Lord willing. I will catch up. I post mine of any are curious, maybe no gives a rats ass too. Cycling is a bit more challenging to keep track off.

Deacon Mark
Old October 12th 20, 10:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Monday, October 12, 2020 at 12:39:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Sort move from the political although I don't mind it, I have an interesting question. I am a long distance runner and that really is the background I come from. I still run but age and runner's dystonia make that much more challenging. I have always ridden and bike and used it through most of my running years. Runners keep a log an most serious ones can tell you lifetime miles or a good estimate. I can running and even on the bike.

So what sort of lifetime miles do the regulars here have on the books? I still have way more running miles that cycling miles but at present rate Lord willing. I will catch up. I post mine of any are curious, maybe no gives a rats ass too. Cycling is a bit more challenging to keep track off.

In 2009, I had a front fork break and drop me on my head. I suffered a severe concussion and apparently threw away all of my records. But I have ridden for 40 years and I think that a short mileage year was 2500 miles. For three years previous to my injury I did 10,000 miles years. I was doing 6,000 mile years from 2012 to 2015 when the people I was riding with moved home to Arizona. Now, mostly solo riding I put in about 4,000 miles a year and concentrate more on climbing than mileage. 100,000 to 200,000 foot years are normal Though I have seen a 300,000 foot year. So as a general estimate without any records before 2009, I would say 120,000 miles which is probably conservative. I did do some long distance touring.
Old October 13th 20, 07:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 12/10/2020 21:39, Mark Cleary wrote:
Sort move from the political although I don't mind it, I have an
interesting question. I am a long distance runner and that really is
the background I come from. I still run but age and runner's dystonia
make that much more challenging. I have always ridden and bike and
used it through most of my running years. Runners keep a log an most
serious ones can tell you lifetime miles or a good estimate. I can
running and even on the bike.

So what sort of lifetime miles do the regulars here have on the
books? I still have way more running miles that cycling miles but at
present rate Lord willing. I will catch up. I post mine of any are
curious, maybe no gives a rats ass too. Cycling is a bit more
challenging to keep track off.

I've managed ~2,000?year for the last 30 years. So not clocked my cycle
computer yet :-)

Old October 13th 20, 11:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Op maandag 12 oktober 2020 om 21:39:47 UTC+2 schreef :
Sort move from the political although I don't mind it, I have an interesting question. I am a long distance runner and that really is the background I come from. I still run but age and runner's dystonia make that much more challenging. I have always ridden and bike and used it through most of my running years. Runners keep a log an most serious ones can tell you lifetime miles or a good estimate. I can running and even on the bike.

So what sort of lifetime miles do the regulars here have on the books? I still have way more running miles that cycling miles but at present rate Lord willing. I will catch up. I post mine of any are curious, maybe no gives a rats ass too. Cycling is a bit more challenging to keep track off.

Deacon Mark

What is the point to know what your mileage was 20-30 years ago? Only interesting is the current year compared to the year before. Never found the ODO setting on a cycling computer interesting. It is that with a Garmin(Connect)/Strava it is logged automatically otherwise I wouldn't know. Just past the 10000 km mark last Sunday. Last year it was just over 11000 km. I think I will beat that this year, just because of the lock down early this year and the fine weather during that period. We are heading for a second (partial) lock down here, because we f*cked up again.

Lou
Old October 13th 20, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

Lou Holtman wrote:
[...]

Yeah the Garmin 830 doesn’t even do odometer. You have to use a plug-in
app. My annual mileage on the road is less than yours. Typically 5000 -
6000* km per year on the road. I don’t ride in the snow anymore so my
season is April - October. The rest of the year I’m on a trainer in my
basement.

*This year has been somewhat less since I don’t ride to work.

Old October 13th 20, 04:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_5_]

Op dinsdag 13 oktober 2020 om 17:01:48 UTC+2 schreef Duane:
Lou Holtman wrote:
[...]

Yes I'm lucky to be able to ride all year round with the right bike and clothing. Trainer only when it is icy which is seldom thank god.

Lou
Old October 13th 20, 04:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:08:21 AM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

I have three different Garmins and I continue to forget bringing one along pretty often. They are nornally in my desk being recharged.
Old October 13th 20, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 11:59:03 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

I have basic computers on my bicycles. They start automatically and they register total mileage plus trip mileage. I don't forget the computer; it lives on the bike.

Auto-start means I don't forget to turn it on either.

Cheers
Old October 13th 20, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 9:34:09 AM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
[...]

The trouble with these is that the battery goes dead suddenly and all of your totals are lost.
Old October 13th 20, 07:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 12:56:13 UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Nope. I've never had a battery go dead suddenly. There's a time of not normal functioning that lets you know the battery is dying. I right down my total before I change the battery and then input the total when after I put in the new battery.

Cheers

Rode yesterday 25 miles and today rode 34 miles but now I hear about this news! Randall Kehrt Recumbent Biking 2 August 3rd 09 02:53 PM
bike lifetime Graham Seaman UK 91 July 18th 09 07:00 PM
Lifetime bans [email protected] Racing 7 August 31st 08 02:57 AM
Miles and Miles of MtnB ONSITE! NewMexicoOutdoor Mountain Biking 0 March 8th 08 07:59 PM
12 days to 30 miles, 50 miles, 70 miles [email protected] UK 0 February 20th 07 08:56 AM