Business-casual SPD shoe

Old April 6th 07, 02:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

Default Business-casual SPD shoe

On Apr 4, 5:58 pm, "Anthony DeLorenzo"
wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone make an SPD-compatible shoe that would look decent around
the office? I've seen the ones that look like plain black trainers,
but they still look like trainers and not dress shoes. I've always
wondered if anyone makes more of a slip-on type shoe, maybe leather or
something.

I know, I know... "Just change your shoes!" I could do that, but I
have a short, easy commute (3-5 flat km) and I ride in my office
clothes. I like not having to do anything when I get to the office
besides take off my helmet and outerwear.

If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

Old April 6th 07, 08:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article .com,
"landotter" writes:

If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

Maybe a white linen suit would go well with the Panama hat?

No black string tie, though. And a purple shirt might look
too pimpy. A Viella plaid shirt might fill the bill, though.
Or an outrageous Hawaiian shirt. If the shirt is busy enough,
nobody notices whether or not you're wearing a tie.

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old April 6th 07, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

On Apr 5, 9:44 pm, "landotter" wrote:
If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

That settles it, I'll be making a beer run in a suit on the fendered
SS this weekend. Thanks for the idea, should make for some
interesting conversation in downtown Dover.

Pack it home, or ride 1 handed? hm........

Old April 6th 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
landotter

On Apr 6, 9:45 am, " wrote:
On Apr 5, 9:44 pm, "landotter" wrote:

If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

That settles it, I'll be making a beer run in a suit on the fendered
SS this weekend. Thanks for the idea, should make for some
interesting conversation in downtown Dover.

Pack it home, or ride 1 handed? hm........

Safety first! Use a beer helmet!

Old April 6th 07, 11:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

landotter wrote:
On Apr 6, 9:45 am, " wrote:
On Apr 5, 9:44 pm, "landotter" wrote:

If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

That settles it, I'll be making a beer run in a suit on the fendered
SS this weekend. Thanks for the idea, should make for some
interesting conversation in downtown Dover.

Pack it home, or ride 1 handed? hm........

Safety first! Use a beer helmet!

Now you're talking my kind of helmet. Built in hydration and happy hour.
Bill Baka
Old April 7th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2007-04-06, landotter wrote:
On Apr 6, 9:45 am, " wrote:
On Apr 5, 9:44 pm, "landotter" wrote:

If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

That settles it, I'll be making a beer run in a suit on the fendered
SS this weekend. Thanks for the idea, should make for some
interesting conversation in downtown Dover.

Pack it home, or ride 1 handed? hm........

Safety first! Use a beer helmet!

But avoid beer goggles at all costs.

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_
Old April 11th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Camilo

On Apr 10, 1:44 pm, Dane Buson wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 5, 9:44 pm, "landotter" wrote:
If I can ride my fixed gear in wooden clogs further than that to get
beer, surely you can pedal the same distance in Florsheims and some
MKS rubber block pedals. Sheesh! And get a nice Panama hat to go with
the business clothes for summer. Helmet and slacks--do you think
you're a Mormon or sumthin'?

That settles it, I'll be making a beer run in a suit on the fendered
SS this weekend. Thanks for the idea, should make for some
interesting conversation in downtown Dover.

Pack it home, or ride 1 handed? hm........

I've found my Carradice SQR touring bag comfortably holds a six pack
with room to spare.

Though I do recall riding home one handed with a Special Mango cake from
my favorite Chinese bakery. The starting and stopping were the hard
parts. Just riding along wasn't too bad.

--
Dane Buson -
Hi! I'm Larry. This is my brother Bob, and this is my other brother

I have a fond memory of a good friend in college, riding up the hill
on his "10 speed", one hand on the bars, the other holding a case of
beer on his shoulder, a cig. in his mouth puffing away. He was
weaving back and forth up the hill so he could make it up.

The good old days.

Casual Biking in Italy? NY Rides Rides 2 February 14th 06 04:49 PM
Insurance for the casual rider1 just us Australia 8 January 13th 06 09:57 AM
The Casual Bicyclist has 13 Members! NY Rides General 0 February 3rd 05 11:01 PM
The Casual Bicyclist has 13 Members! NY Rides Rides 0 February 3rd 05 11:01 PM
A good casual road shoe? Peter Cole Techniques 4 July 11th 03 12:11 AM