Judge Judy again

Old June 15th 08, 01:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ZBicyclist

Default Judge Judy again

Tom Keats wrote:

According to some native North American folklore, cougars
contain the spirits of former humans who were not very
nice people, and being reincarnated as a cougar is a
damnation for having been a miserable, miserly, judgmental,
crusty ol' SOB in human life. In Chinook Jargon cougars are
referred-to as "hyas puss-puss." That means "big pussy."

Cougars like to jump their victims from above and behind, so
you probably wouldn't get a chance to ring your bell anyway.

This makes me wonder about that cougar who wandered down through
Wisconsin and was finally shot in downtown Chicago. Was this some
old Chicago politician come back to settle some scores?

Old June 16th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

Zoot Katz wrote, On 6/15/2008 3:42 AM:
On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 22:28:49 -0700 (PDT), Brian Huntley
wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:02 pm, bob syr wrote:

Had no idea what a clever invention the bell is. It repels all
animals (except dogs and cats). To date I've never seen a rhino, or
crocodile on my bike run. - Bob

You obviously don't ride where Carl F. rides.

My bell repells pigs. The "no-bell prize" is a $75 fine,
Skunks don't like it either.

My bell repels flying pigs. I've never had a problem with them in all
the years I've been riding...

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old June 17th 08, 03:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

wrote:

On Jun 14, 10:02 pm, bob syr wrote:

Had no idea what a clever invention the bell is. It repels all
animals (except dogs and cats). To date I've never seen a rhino, or
crocodile on my bike run. - Bob

You obviously don't ride where Carl F. rides.

My bell repells pigs. The "no-bell prize" is a $75 fine,
Skunks don't like it either.

My bell repels flying pigs. I've never had a problem with them in all
the years I've been riding...

That's why I wear a deflector beanie. . . just in case.
I know it wards off bears, city pigs and zealots.
--
zk