Anyone used Kinetics as a supplier?

Old February 16th 08, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

Default Anyone used Kinetics as a supplier?

Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a week ago, and apart from an initial
automated response - haven't heard anything - despite sending an email
to chase the order up. Maybe he's holiday or something?

Thanks,

Duncan
Old February 16th 08, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
iarocu

On 16 Feb, 17:36, Duncan Smith wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a week ago, and apart from an initial
automated response - haven't heard anything - despite sending an email
to chase the order up. Maybe he's holiday or something?

Thanks,

Duncan

The shop is 3 miles from me. I'll see if it looks open next toime I'm
passing.

Iain
Old February 16th 08, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"iarocu" wrote in message
On 16 Feb, 17:36, Duncan Smith wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a week ago, and apart from an initial
automated response - haven't heard anything - despite sending an email
to chase the order up. Maybe he's holiday or something?

Thanks,

Duncan

The shop is 3 miles from me. I'll see if it looks open next toime I'm
passing.

Iain

Only bought from there once and it took well over a month. and only the
automated confirmation.

I believe it is a one man operation!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old February 16th 08, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Harvest[_2_]

x-no-archive:iarocu wrote:
On 16 Feb, 17:36, Duncan Smith wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a week ago, and apart from an initial
automated response - haven't heard anything - despite sending an email
to chase the order up. Maybe he's holiday or something?

Thanks,

Duncan

The shop is 3 miles from me. I'll see if it looks open next toime I'm
passing.

Iain

Its unlikely that Ben's on holiday, he's just extremely slow with admin.
It took to me months to sort out an order with him.

He's a genuine guy, and you do not need to worry about getting your bits
in the end, but you need to phone and email him very often with reminders.
Old February 17th 08, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

On Feb 16, 9:30 pm, Jim Harvest wrote:
x-no-archive:iarocu wrote:
On 16 Feb, 17:36, Duncan Smith wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has bought stuff from Kinetics recently? I
ordered a Speedhub about a week ago, and apart from an initial
automated response - haven't heard anything - despite sending an email
to chase the order up. Maybe he's holiday or something?

Thanks,

Duncan

The shop is 3 miles from me. I'll see if it looks open next toime I'm
passing.

Iain

Its unlikely that Ben's on holiday, he's just extremely slow with admin.
It took to me months to sort out an order with him.

He's a genuine guy, and you do not need to worry about getting your bits
in the end, but you need to phone and email him very often with reminders.

....looks like I'm in for a bit of wait!

Thanks anyway,

Duncan
Old February 17th 08, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Duncan Smith wrote:
On Feb 16, 9:30 pm, Jim Harvest wrote:

He's a genuine guy, and you do not need to worry about getting your bits
in the end, but you need to phone and email him very often with reminders.

...looks like I'm in for a bit of wait!

I'll second the point about reminders. Ben is getting a bit crap
in this department, to the point where I now get stuff I can get
elsewhere elsewhere if it's an easy option and I need it in a
hurry, so Brompton spares now come from Biketrax, for example.

He used to have another person in the shop, but I don't think he
does now, which could be part of the problem. But badger him on a
regular basis and you should get it, and don't worry about
badgering him (he might start realising he needs to get someone in
to do the mail orders, aside from anything else!). Don't badger
him and it could take forever, so it is in your interests.

On the plus side, after 2 weeks of constant reminders for a
D-Lumtoec Oval Senso Plus he not only shipped it to me, but forgot
to charge me... And the shop is worth a visit in person because of
the excellent range of machinery he's happy for you to play on.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old February 17th 08, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jim Harvest[_2_]

x-no-archive:Peter Clinch wrote:

[...]

I can understand his reluctance to employee someone, given the
bureaucracy involved these days. He might be advised to increase his
prices significantly, say by 25%, so that his quantity sold would be
lower, allowing him to give his customers an adequate service without
impacting his profits.

Old February 18th 08, 08:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Feb 17, 5:52*pm, Jim Harvest wrote:
[...]

I tried them a while back when I wanted some fast-rolling tyres for my
folder. After a few weeks of badgering with no joy, I gave up &
ordered from Westcountry Recumbents, where the service was second to
none.

Dave
Old February 18th 08, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

I tried them a while back when I wanted some fast-rolling tyres for my
folder. After a few weeks of badgering with no joy, I gave up &
ordered from Westcountry Recumbents, where the service was second to
none.

Dave

Seems he's not a big fan of picking up the telephone either! Can
anyone recommend another supplier to build a 700c wheel around a
Speedhub?

On another note, although the Speedhub comes fitted with a 3/32 cog -
I take it there's no reason why you couldn't/shouldn't run with a
1/8th chain-wheel and 1/8th chain?

Many thanks,

Duncan
Old February 18th 08, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

On Feb 18, 1:21 pm, Duncan Smith wrote:
I tried them a while back when I wanted some fast-rolling tyres for my
folder. After a few weeks of badgering with no joy, I gave up &
ordered from Westcountry Recumbents, where the service was second to
none.

Dave

Seems he's not a big fan of picking up the telephone either! Can
anyone recommend another supplier to build a 700c wheel around a
Speedhub?

Ah, just not open Mondays...