Bumper Sticker = Bad Driver?

Old June 22nd 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default Bumper Sticker = Bad Driver?

In article ,
Zoot Katz writes:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 12:04:45 GMT, Stephen Harding
wrote:

I really think Zoot needs some fake machine gun mounts on his
ride to get the attention of motorists so they know this cyclist
has "'tude"!

A twin 50 "stinger" mount off a rear rack and perhaps "package
guns" off a front rack. Some simple PVC piping wrapped with
larger diameter piping with holes cut in it to simulate the
cooling shields and painted black would do the trick.

Of course a reflex sight mounted on the handlebars would
result in no "cagers" giving him any grief!!!

Tom and I have discussed a tail-gunner set up for the Xtracycle.

Ah, yes. A twist to the concept of "car hunting."

Putting a rear facing tractor seat on the deck and moving the
passenger pegs backwould be easy. The bags hold the belt-fed ammo.

To create some plausible deniability the "gun" would have to serve
some higher purpose. Perhaps it could be called a decorative video
camera housing.

If it blasted Campinos or other wrapped candies, that could
be useful at bike events.

Then there's always SillyString or soap bubbles.

It could also conceal an mp3 player and amplifier
blasting Flight of the Valkyries. Maybe a little synthesiser so you
could make helicopter and machine gun sound effects.

That could be interesting while gliding by Friday afternoon
rush-hour gridlock. But to tell ya the truth, anything Wagner
goes against my grain, like fingernails scraping across a
blackboard, or accidentally chewing on tinfoil, or stepping on
spilt sugar on the floor. If there was an ASCII skull-&-crossbones
character, I'd use it as an emoticon to describe my antipathy
toward Wagner's tunes, e.g: I skull-&-crossbones Wagner.

Some Chopin as played by Brailowsky or Gould would probably be
more soothing to those poor, car-bondaged folx.

Putting smiles on people's faces are little victories.
Ya can't shoot smiles onto people with a gun. Well, you
could, but it would be so fake, and so artless. Better to
gently tickle joy out o' them. If there was a way to do
that by pointing a threatening object at them, I'd be all
for it.

cheers, & I wanna return to 1965,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old June 22nd 08, 12:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

On 2008-06-22, Tom Keats wrote:
If there was an ASCII skull-&-crossbones
character, I'd use it as an emoticon to describe my antipathy
toward Wagner's tunes, e.g: I skull-&-crossbones Wagner.

Best I can offer there would be something like 8=X but that
just doesn't look right, no matter how I twist my head and
squint at the screen. Maybe there's a Unicode character for it...

--

Kristian Zoerhoff

WTB: USCF sticker [email protected] Marketplace 0 February 25th 07 09:40 PM
Making up Uni bumper sticker steveyo Unicycling 35 December 14th 05 05:13 PM
Bumper Sticker [email protected] General 7 August 6th 05 03:53 AM
"N" sticker Veloise General 0 December 22nd 04 03:23 PM
my new sticker zod Unicycling 8 January 22nd 04 02:14 PM