Killer Squirrel attack

Old June 19th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

Default Killer Squirrel attack

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo
Old June 19th 08, 12:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:54:18 -0700 (PDT), Mike A Schwab
wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Yikes! Was there nothing that could be done for the squirrel?
Old June 19th 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat[_11_]

Yikes! Was there nothing that could be done for the squirrel?

Bury it! It's nothing but a rat with a long tail!

Pat in TX

Old June 19th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 18, 7:54*pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Dear Mike,

Just cross-posting your link to the crash pictures to RBT, where the
detailed photos of the damage may be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel
Old June 19th 08, 08:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

On Jun 19, 2:22*pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:54*pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Dear Mike,

Just cross-posting your link to the crash pictures to RBT, where the
detailed photos of the damage may be appreciated.

I hope they had a little back board for the squirrel!
Old June 19th 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jun 19, 12:22 pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:54 pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Since, thankfully, "... he's now ok" I can say it: Steel is real.

Old June 20th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

"Dan O" wrote in message
On Jun 19, 12:22 pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:54 pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Since, thankfully, "... he's now ok" I can say it: Steel is real.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the fork breaking somewhat reduce
pivoting of the bike/rider into downward force? In other words, if the fork
hadn't broken, would the inertial forces of the bike/rider have rotated
downward as the front wheel could no longer spin?

Old June 20th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Werehatrack

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:22:26 -0700 (PDT), may
have said:

On Jun 18, 7:54*pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Dear Mike,

Just cross-posting your link to the crash pictures to RBT, where the
detailed photos of the damage may be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

When will people learn that if you're going to ride squirrel dicer
wheels, you need to sharpen the spokes properly?

Old June 20th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jun 19, 7:44 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:
"Dan O" wrote in message

On Jun 19, 12:22 pm, wrote:
On Jun 18, 7:54 pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Since, thankfully, "... he's now ok" I can say it: Steel is real.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the fork breaking somewhat reduce
pivoting of the bike/rider into downward force? In other words, if the fork
hadn't broken, would the inertial forces of the bike/rider have rotated
downward as the front wheel could no longer spin?

You mean to suggest that you think it would've been worse with steel
forks?!? Did you see the Life Flight pics or what?! How would you
like to just lose the whole frickin' front end of your bike at speed?

Why couldn't the wheel continue to spin? And even if you did get...
um, an especially stout squirrel in the spokes, somehow managing to
lock the wheel, wouldn't that just pitch you over the bars instead of
smack into the ground?

Old June 20th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Me

have said:

On Jun 18, 7:54 pm, Mike A Schwab wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo
Dear Mike,

Just cross-posting your link to the crash pictures to RBT, where the
detailed photos of the damage may be appreciated.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

When will people learn that if you're going to ride squirrel dicer
wheels, you need to sharpen the spokes properly?

Or, just get squirrel inhibitor(tm) wheels! With their closely-spaced
spokes, there isn't enough space for squirrels to get lodged! Low
spoke-count wheels such as these Mavic Krysiums seem designed to catch
squirrels and fling them up against the fork. Hmmm...wonder when some
sleazy lawyer will figure out that his new niche lies in suing
manufacturers of squirrel-catcher wheels when these crashes happen?

Cal

more squirrel menace bdbafh General 1 September 12th 07 02:05 AM
more squirrel datakoll Techniques 3 August 29th 07 03:56 AM
RIP Squirrel Stephen Harding General 24 June 18th 06 02:16 AM
Cyclist killer jailed, motorist killer let off. Peter B UK 0 August 20th 05 09:18 PM
I ran over a squirrel STP General 76 October 23rd 03 07:41 PM