Killer Squirrel attack

Old June 22nd 08, 06:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Default Killer Squirrel attack

Dan O wrote:

Mike A Schwab wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Since, thankfully, "... he's now ok" I can say it: *Steel is real.

Let me add that high-spoke-count wheels are also real.

Chalo
Old June 22nd 08, 06:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Brian Huntley wrote:

Carl Sundquist wrote:

That said, I was simply trying to ascertain if there would be any benefit to
breakaway parts, somewhat akin to designed-in crumple zones on cars. Could
injury generally be lessened if a breakaway part was engineered so that you
could have more of a sliding impact rather than a direct impact?

Perhaps something made of sacrificial foam, wrapped around one's
head...

That's just for shipping. You can keep it in case you need to send
your head back to the manufacturer for service, but you should not use
it when the head is in operation. It can cause overheating.
Old June 22nd 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

"Chalo" wrote in message
Dan O wrote:
Mike A Schwab wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Since, thankfully, "... he's now ok" I can say it: Steel is real.

Let me add that high-spoke-count wheels are also real.

Meaning more than 12 spokes by the way.

Old June 23rd 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
chatnoir

On Jun 19, 12:05*pm, "Pat" wrote:
Yikes! Was there nothing that could be done for the squirrel?

Bury it! It's nothing but a rat with a long tail!

Pat in TX

Pat in Repose!:

http://latinolaughter.files.wordpres...07/12/camp.jpg
Old June 23rd 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Brian Huntley

On Jun 22, 12:44 am, Chalo wrote:
Brian Huntley wrote:

Carl Sundquist wrote:

That said, I was simply trying to ascertain if there would be any benefit to
breakaway parts, somewhat akin to designed-in crumple zones on cars. Could
injury generally be lessened if a breakaway part was engineered so that you
could have more of a sliding impact rather than a direct impact?

Perhaps something made of sacrificial foam, wrapped around one's
head...

That's just for shipping. You can keep it in case you need to send
your head back to the manufacturer for service, but you should not use
it when the head is in operation. It can cause overheating.

My mother probably wouldhave objected to that idea.
Old June 23rd 08, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Keats

In article ,
Brian Huntley writes:
On Jun 20, 8:32 pm, "Carl Sundquist" wrote:

That said, I was simply trying to ascertain if there would be any benefit to
breakaway parts, somewhat akin to designed-in crumple zones on cars. Could
injury generally be lessened if a breakaway part was engineered so that you
could have more of a sliding impact rather than a direct impact?

Perhaps something made of sacrificial foam, wrapped around one's
head...

.... mmmm ... Guinness ... next best thing to Greene King Harvest
Brown Ale. Anaesthetic sacrificial (oblationary) foam.

http://montypyhttp://montypython.50w...eries_3/48.htm

-- Surgeon: Ooh! We forgot the anesthetic!

-- Operating Gumbys: The anesthetic! The anesthetic!

(At that moment a Gumby anesthetist comes crashing through
the wall with two gas cylinders.)

-- Gumby Anesthetist: I've come to anesthetize you!!

(He raises a gas cylinder and strikes Gumby hard over
the head with it. Bong. Blackness.

Anyways, my heart goes out to Mrs Squirrel and all the li'l
squirrelets. Maybe Mark Knopfler and the Boomtown whatevers
could pitch a benefit concert for them.

cheers, & my brain hurts,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old June 23rd 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

In article
,
Chalo wrote:

http://www.art.net/~hopkins/Don/text/head.html

--
Michael Press
Old June 23rd 08, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Kane

On Jun 19, 7:49*am, dgk wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:54:18 -0700 (PDT), Mike A Schwab

wrote:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dbiked/B...ey=iOs1rM3MJzo

Yikes! Was there nothing that could be done for the squirrel?

Stew? Or perhaps southern fried?

John Kane Kingston ON Canada

more squirrel menace bdbafh General 1 September 12th 07 02:05 AM
more squirrel datakoll Techniques 3 August 29th 07 03:56 AM
RIP Squirrel Stephen Harding General 24 June 18th 06 02:16 AM
Cyclist killer jailed, motorist killer let off. Peter B UK 0 August 20th 05 09:18 PM
I ran over a squirrel STP General 76 October 23rd 03 07:41 PM